Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion

Nothing to do with audio. Blacklight coverage.

DraDra Posts: 3,777
Here is a good one for Gadget (master of all trades) and anyone else with incite.

Got a special request for an upcoming annual weekend convention event. They would like to convert one of the two dances to a "rave", so they want be to quote adding the neccessary blacklighting. Bottom line... functional for 250-400 HS agers. Room will likely be 80 x 40 x 16. The room could be doubled but the coverage / wash area would be remain about 1800 sqr ft.

I am probably limited to a max of 8-10' elavation. I'll either go with 24" or 48" fl. tubes. Stands (probably 4) will be limited to the perimeter of the dance floor.

Will fixture with back reflectors make the a difference? (does UV reflect?) If so, would lining with alum. foil be even better. Trying to get by on the cheap. Even if the fixtures / bulbs never see any use again.

Is there a rule of thumb for fluo. watts per sqr ft @ a given distance??? Or feet of tube per sqr ft.....?

Again, only need enough UV to light up accessories, clothes, etc... for a 2 hr high school "rave". This IS NOT an investment on my part.
DRA

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well... maybe a "modified" rave... I sure hope your not gonna have a full blown rave for High schooler's... :shock: :shock: :shock:

There are different grades of black lights...why not see if you can rent some form a production house? The good high output one are VERY expensive. I have a band that has everything including kit painted with fluorescent paint. They also have hangings and things and a bunch of (non tube) high output black lights VERY COOL! :mrgreen:

That would be my suggestion...

but a bunch of high schooler's in the dark :lol: should be all kinds of fun! :mrgreen: :oops: :lol: