Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

Low End Hum on Stage

gbaylessgbayless Posts: 15
edited February 2011 in PA Configuration Wizard
Hello

We have been experiencing a bad low end hum on the stage only and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or may have a suggestion on how to fix it.

Our system is in stereo mode and we are using the following equipment

1 - Behringer EP4000 for the tops 2 Peavey SP2's newer version
1 - Behringer EP4000 for the Subs 2 Peavey SP218's newer version
1 - Driverack PA+
1 - DBX266Xl Compressor
1 - Behringer FBQ6200
1 - Behringer XR4400 Gate
1 - TC Electronics M-One XL

The Subs are crossed over around 120HZ and the highs are at 90HZ. I have never used the EQ settings on the Driverack or used the filters etc

Thanks
George

Comments

• DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Is the hum coming from all speakers or just subs? Does is go away when all mics are muted? What is your entire input list?

Dennis
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    gbayless wrote:
    Hello

We have been experiencing a bad low end hum on the stage only

Do you mean from the monitors , or that you only hear the hum on the stage?

DRA
  • Hi the hum can only be heard on stage by the time it gets to me it is gone it is like a low midrange hum that comes and goes. When I mute the mics it doesnt happen

Thanks

Sorry Dennis what do you mean by input list? I am not real experienced with the Driverack
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    UFFDA...
    You have left out a WHOLE lot of info here...

1. Are you using monitors?
    2. IF there are monitors does the buzz go away with the monitors off? FOH off?
    3. is it any one mic or all mics?
    4. How are the monitors routed (as in aux sent?)
    5. what is the entire setup.. how many mics, any phantom powered ones (are you sure any and all phantom power is disabled if not)
    6. are there any direct boxes, or instruments connected directly to the mixer...
    7. exactly how are the equipment pieces hooked up? be specific...
    8. is the whole system hooked up to the same power feed... mixer, amps, and instruments that are directly connected to the mixer on the same power...(GROUND LOOP)

Too many possibilities...

Gadget
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    gbayless wrote:
    by the time it gets to me it is gone

Where are you? Are you the sound man out front, and when they (on stage) say there is a hum, you tell them that you can't hear it?

DRA