Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

260 time alighment for EV QRX 153/75 over EV PX2181

Hey EVeryone,

Does anyone have the delay values for the 153/75's lows and mid highs when groud stacking a EV rig like this.

My RTA and smart access are not happening til my main guy returns from tour with it

Patrick :P

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hi Patrick,

I got your email but I suspect this is a better place for my reply. The answer is it depends. Those look like T18 boxes that are put together. Without actually having them there is no way for me to give you an absolute number...It also depends on exactly where the tops are... like, are they flown, centered on the subs, right up to the edge of the mouth?

The guys at the PSW may actually have some of those and might know...

The poor mans delay test is, reverse the polarity of the top or the sub (but only one), play a tone that is at the crossover frequency.... sweep the delay till you hear the greatest null (least output at the xover frequency) That is then the closest your going to get without smaart or someone that knows those boxes. (remember to reverse the connections after your done)

I presume you could load the Dx38 GUI into your computer and load the presets for that processor and see what they spec that way as well..

Gadget
  • Options
    Gadget wrote:
    Hi Patrick,

I got your email but I suspect this is a better place for my reply. The answer is it depends. Those look like T18 boxes that are put together. Without actually having them there is no way for me to give you an absolute number...It also depends on exactly where the tops are... like, are they flown, centered on the subs, right up to the edge of the mouth?

The guys at the PSW may actually have some of those and might know...

The poor mans delay test is, reverse the polarity of the top or the sub (but only one), play a tone that is at the crossover frequency.... sweep the delay till you hear the greatest null (least output at the xover frequency) That is then the closest your going to get without smaart or someone that knows those boxes. (remember to reverse the connections after your done)

I presume you could load the Dx38 GUI into your computer and load the presets for that processor and see what they spec that way as well..

Gadget

Thanks Gadget - I just may do that for this week
  • Options
    Hey... I just noticed a thread running at the PSW that is about those subs... maybe you could get info from them on these:
    http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php ... 803.0.html
    Gadget
  • Options
    Did you get my post about there being a bunch that have those subs on the PSW forum?

G
  • Options
    Gadget wrote:
    Did you get my post about there being a bunch that have those subs on the PSW forum?

G

Yup Gadget - thanks - no one responding yet as I am not sure too many have these tops with these subs

we'll see

thanks again
    :)
  • Options
    Ya, but the delay factor should be constant.. as along as the speakers are sitting on top with the fronts in the same location... assuming trap boxes and not horn loaded tops...

G
  • Options
    unfortunately the 8" mid is horn loaded and powered by same amp as horn
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The internal (passive) x-over "should" compensate for that.

DRA
  • Options
    True - DRA - Robert at EV is sending me the time alignments for the PX systems and I will load them to start

Til next week when we can analyze asnd SMART the rig

Patrick
  • Options
    Used EV settings for PX rigs and it sounded amazing - INCREDIBLE

Thanks Everyone !!!

:D