Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Usage of Phase polarity.....?DRive rack 260

rolrol Posts: 22
Hi
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions given on my last post. My system sounds better; but I only hear the lows when I stand between them(My setting is in Stereo). I would like to hear my system at 180 deg. Should I use the polarity Phase function? How to use it?

My system specs:

Mixer--Yamaha MG32/14FX
Crossover---Drive Rack 260
2 PV CS-800 series amps-(highs)
2 QsC PLX 3202--(mid)
2 QSC PLX 3402---(lows)
8 scoop bass speakers with EVX 18b Inside
4 top boxes (MID& HIGHS)
each box have 2 JBL 2206 12" speakers and a JbL 2447h High driver.

Thanks in Advance:
rol

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    What do you mean "stand between them"?

DRA
  • Options
    Hi
    I mean facing them at a distance of about 50ft
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    So, you are 50' from the sound plane? How far apart ar the speakers?

DRA
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    rol wrote:
    Hi
    I mean facing them at a distance of about 50ft
    I assume you are running 4 subs per side and experiencing a "power alley" down the middle of the dance floor with the corresponding cancellations on each side of it. Try a line of 8 subs across the front of the stage...narrower coverage but no cancellations.
  • Options
    To Dennis
    My speakers are 25ft apart.

Thanks
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Close to any boundaries? how far? have you tried all of them in the center to see what happens?

Have you verified that the speakers are all moving in the same direction at the same time? (absolute polarity) A 9 volt battery with the + battery terminal to the red/+ speaker terminal, and - to - should produce an outward cone motion.... (except certain JBL speakers that are reverse wound...)

you do realize each driver is only getting about 800 watts (on paper)

You need to verify the things above before we can help any further..

Gadget
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    This screen shot depicts typical coverage of R and L subs or sub arrays. No boundaries are factored in...they may or may not improve the coverage. You can see the power alley formed between the subs by the cancellations on either side of it.