Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Crown, Samson, Yorkville cookbook

tsfudalatsfudala Posts: 3
edited June 2011 in PA General Discussion
greetings,

I am setting up 2 Crown XLS2000 amps each bridged (2100 watts per side) for my Samson RS215HD tops (LR) and I have 2 Yorkville PULSE PS210P subs (600 watts each) as satellites from the tops currently.

I am looking for suggested presets / methods / settings using the DRPA+
(keep subs as satellites from the tops or run the low from DRPA+, and xover suggestions)

Samson RS215HD freq range is 40Hz-19KHz
PULSE PS210P freq range is 45Hz-110Hz

thanks

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Not a whole lot of room to squirm here... with a 110hz 3dB down point I would suggest:
    ( note: sub 3dB down point 45hz-110hz)
    1. HPF for the sub @ 45hz BW18
    2. LPF sub = 100hz LR24

3. HPF Sampson tops = 100hz LR24

Use the wizard and set up your own preset...stereo tops and stereo, or mono subs...

See the Start Here thread and the FAQ section on the front page for LOADS of setup and optimization hints and techniques

gadget
  • Options
    tsfudalatsfudala Posts: 3
    Sounds much better with the cancellation minimized between tops and subs!!

In terms of balance though, seems like my tops are killing my subs, the balance point now is like 50% top amps.
    I guess my solution now is passive subs and a BIG amp versus these 600 watt powered subs.
    The gain structure exercise put my high amps at about 80% with the headroom built in.

thoughts?
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Those subs really don't have a chance...I mean your talking 2100 watts versus 600... not a good ratio...

If your able to do woodworking you can make your own:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1334

G