Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion

ZonePRO 640 Mic input

FriartuckFriartuck Posts: 3
Configuration is a ZonePPR 640 and the question deals with the microphone input portion. The microphone we're using is a Teledyne diversity wireless which has both Micophone and Line Out settings. The ZonePRO 640 microphone input also has Microphone and Line Inputs, set by a push button switch, OUT for line in levels and IN for microphone levels which also has a rotary gain setting for the Microphone. The question is the push button switch when depressed seems to be at the same position, meaning there is no noticible differance between in and out. The same happens with the other microphone input (the 460 has two mic input circuits). Is this a soft switch and how would I know which is in or out? Is there an indicator on the softare that would show which level it is set to? Can someone confirm that for this Teledyne unit application that running it in the Line Out is the right configuration and that the 640 input setting to the AFS will function properly.

Chris
friartuck@monmouth.com

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    What the heck is a dbxpro 460? Never heard of it....
    Gadget
  • FriartuckFriartuck Posts: 3
    My Bad...Correct name of the device is ZonePro 640.
  • The mic/line switch is a recessed type switch and will require a small object (i.e. ball point pen) in order to fully latch or unlatch.
    We do this to avoid accidentally bumping the switch towards the wrong position during operation.
    The position of the mic/line switch will need to match whatever output you choose to use from your wireless system.
    From the factory, AFS (Advanced Feedback Suppression) will also be part of the input processing path located on the first insert option (INS 1)

More info at:
    http://www.dbxpro.com/Training_Modules/ ... aining.php

Thanks,

Jason Mondragon
    dbx Technical Customer Service