Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

DBX Dispersion Drive SW3830

looking for anyone with knowledge of this home audio equipment. I have a 15" subwoofer, it is a DBX Dispersion Drive SW3830 from 1990. I cannot find any information on it and just need to know about what to sell it for. I did find one website that labeled it "MILITARY". Any info is helpful..thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    What did you pay for it?
    If it is in perfect condition... visually and functionally, you will be lucky (very lucky) to get $.50 on the dollar, if someone wants it bad. Plan on 20 to 30 percent.

DRA
  • Options
    I got it for next to nothing ( bulk lot at estate sale, I already made back what I paid for the lot on the first couple of items I sold.)...still has original box and packaging, it is in excellent condition. Just curious because I cannot find another like it anywhere. Guess the reason why is because no one wants them lol. Thanks
  • Options
    Can you post a picture(s)? Include the spec plate if there is one.

DRA
  • Options
    I will have to get it out of my shop(its heavy and my husband is at work right now), but yes, I'll have them posted by the end of the day.
  • Options
    FYI. You can't directly post here. You'll have to use a 3rd party like PhotoBucket.

DRA
  • Options
    not quite as heavy as I thought, ...here are pictures
  • Options
    What is the approx sixe of the box?

DRA
  • Options
    27X17X21
  • Options
    Pic of the side with the input jacks?
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    There was one on craigslist or somewhere for $75...OBO

Hope that helps..
    Gadget
  • Options
    thanks but I hate selling on craigslist. My Yamaha MX-1000 amplifier sat on craigslist for weeks without so much as an offer and is selling on ebay now for over $200. But atleast that gives me a price range! Thanks again!
  • Options
    One port. Two inputs. I bet it is a single dual voice coil speaker. $75 seems fair if it works and sound good.

DRA
  • Options
    Ya...no reason not to throw it up on ebay...but there is NO way that is a MIL SPEC (military) anything...It's a home theater dual voice coil un-powered sub...

Good luck!
    Gadget
  • Options
    thanks for all the info! You all have been helpful!
  • Options
    We try! You are very welcome :mrgreen: