Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

OT : Flexible extention for Crown LM-300A podium mic

DraDra Posts: 3,777
Posted on PSW... with no luck. So, bought it here.

http://www.samash.com/p/LM300A%20Goosen ... _-49995180

I fabricated a lecturn accessory (table top) to which 2 of these mics (their shock mounts) and a Lil'Lite are installed. It is portable and works very well.
However, I would really like to get the mic heads closer to the talkers(s). I engineered it so I can attach various length bolts to angle it as to move the heads closer.
This helps, but it is only practical to a point.

Does anyone know of an accessory that is essentially a goose neck, but has XLR connectors on each end? One end must fit into the shock mount. 5-8" long, I think.
It could also be a solid barrel, but it would have to have a pivot joint.
Last option, I suppose could be to simply insert a bar and clip into the mounts, but visually might look odd.

Thanks,
David

Comments

• Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    I realise that this is not an answer to the question that you asked but the following link is my solution for mounting podium mics. It can clip on to the edge of the lectern vertical or horizontal. I can clip them onto the side of the lectern and slide them toward the presenter to position the mic.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/3 ... _Head.html
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I run into so many styles of lecturns and many don't even had a shelf, lip or side rails. My piece actually become the top working surface of any podium. Has a 1/2" book catch at the bottom. The back is raised about 5", visible to the audience, and then a 3" shelf that houses the shock mounts and the light control. Cables and power run under this shelf. One-piece .040 sheet metal (CRS), black E-coat, with rubber feet.

Side view. Not to scale.
    There is adequate clearence for a typical note book binder.

......................................... x - would like go get here
    ................................x - typical mic head

_____
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l_________________________________l
    " |
    " | bolts with nylon caps

I deal with a lot of soft talkers. HA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    yaright...those people will BACK AWAY if they start to hear themselves... :roll: you cannot win this battle... sorry, if they want to be heard they will...if not you ain't gonna make it happen :|