Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Looking For Some Guidance For PA+

mekim6mekim6 Posts: 3
edited November 2011 in PA Configuration Wizard
Here is my set up:
2 EAW JF 500C 3 way cabinets. Mids and highs are still original RCF components. Lows have been changed out to B&C 15PZB 40 woofers. Running tri amp with no subs. These lows actually hit pretty good without subs. Lows are running on bridged Crown XS1200. Mids are running on bridged QSC RMX1450. Highs are running on QSC RMX850.
I have set up the gain structure on the Drive Rack and the amps.
Need some advice on setting the crossover points. EAW says 250 and 1.8. What type and slope would you recommend?
Also need some advice on setting the PEQ. Where do you find the info to set that? IE band, freq, etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thx,
Mike

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well.. looking at the specs that Forsythe set up he specified an 18dB/octave filter slope...that offers you little wiggler room if any... with the 260 you could choose Bessel AND Butterworth filters but with the PX, PA PA+ you have only the BW18 filter...

It's very easy to try different slopes with ANY of the driveracks, so you can see what the different slopes sound like to you...remember, you can also overlap, try leaving a bit of a space between frequencies where interactions can cause problems in the crossover region.

gadget
  • Options
    Thanks Gadget. What about setting up the PEQ? Any thoughts on starting points?
    Thx, Mike
  • Options
    Well... for starters, without advanced testing and tuning equipment...I'd try the 'Start here' method in the FAQ section... assuming you have a measurement mic...other than none are provided and I have no idea since I have never seen the JF500's...

There is a possibility that you might get a response if you fire an email or phone call to EAW, or you might get lucky if you post on the PSW and ask for settings...

Gadget
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Gadget wrote:
    Well... for starters, without advanced testing and tuning equipment...I'd try the 'Start here' method in the FAQ section... assuming you have a measurement mic...other than none are provided and I have no idea since I have never seen the JF500's...

There is a possibility that you might get a response if you fire an email or phone call to EAW, or you might get lucky if you post on the PSW and ask for settings...

Gadget

It looks like these were discontinued before there were DSPs

http://www.eaw.com/info/EAW/Loudspeaker ... /JF500.pdf
  • Options
    ya... and before they could figure out how to scan a page properly :lol::lol: