Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Need help with my new Driverack PA+

djheartbreakdjheartbreak Posts: 10
edited January 2012 in PA Configuration Wizard
Hello,

I just purchase a new driverack pa + and would like to setup with my power speakers. If someone can help that would be great. Thanks

1. 2 QSC KW 181 (SUB)
2. 1 ElectroVoice ELX118P Live X Powered Subwoofer
3. 2 Mackie SA1530z 3-Way 15"
4. 2 QSC KW152 2-Way Powered Loudspeaker

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Before Gadget askes for more details....
    Is it your intention to set up a "zoned" set-up, or just shooting everything onto the dance floor? Or are you setting up 2 separate system?

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    YA... what he said... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    just shooting everything onto the dance floor. We have a show coming up in 2 weeks at a large gym.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    You can have this one Dra...
  • Options
    Are you playing wide or long? It will make a big difference in my recommendation.

DRA
  • Options
    I think wide..thanks
  • Options
    That makes things easier to avoid the problems associated with mismatched speakers.
    You will want to set up a 2 x 5 (bi-amp tops and mono sub).

Select the full range speakers that you believe to be your "primaries" and connect those to the hi outputs. Adjust the hipass filter in the 90 to 125hz range (whatever you decide on) LR24. These will be your main (center) speakers.

Connect the other set to the mid outputs and set the high pass filter the same as the others, and set the Low pass filters to about 17K, BW12 or 18. These will be your left and right fringe coverage.

Connect the subs to the low output. Set the filters acordingly. low pass to match the high pass established earlier, LR24. High pass is probably set internally by the subs DSP.

This is only one possible set-up, but this is what I would try first.

DRA
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Dra wrote:
    These will be your left and right fringe coverage.DRA

Occasionally referred to as "outfills"