Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

DBX 260 with no audio and "white screen"

ccarminaticcarminati Posts: 6
Well, my DBX 260 has that well known issue where the screen goes all bright and stops passing audio. Turning off for a while doesnt help. I saw in the topics that it is a very simple fix, but there's a catch: The unit is in Brazil and out of warranty. I am about to throw it way. Could anyone from DBX (Mike I guess) help me by pointing where in the unit I should look?

Thanks.
CC.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hi,
    Mike, or any other dbx person does not frequent this site, as it is a user site, and I pretty much alert them when something needs their attention...I have several 260's DRPA's and a PX as well as a 240 and a 4800 and have never seen the issue first hand but have been here long enough to know that there are a few issues that happen to the platform. As I remember, there is a past problem with the display, but USUALLY it is the ribbon cable that causes the problems.

The Ribbon cable sits in a socket, and can become corroded and have connection problems. Pull the ribbon cable out and use an eraser (pencil type) and clean the ribbon. I used Caigs de-oxit on the sockets as well...I did this as preemptive measure on mine and have not had any issues.

Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Whatever you do, don't throw it away. It is worth $150 - $200 in the state that it is in, to someone willing to fix it. It would be worth sending to DBX for repair, if the ribbon cable process doesn't work.

DRA
  • Options
    After seeing this post, I cleaned my DR260 as a preventative measure, also using the Caigs De-OxIt. While I was at it, I had a Lexicon MX300 giving me trouble with the screen so I cleaned it as well and it cleared right up. Thanks for advice. Probably saved me a hefty bench bill.

GT
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Man we love success stories! :mrgreen: