Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

Please help DBX DriveRack PA+ AMPs and Speakers Setup

xxaznboixxxxaznboixx Posts: 6
edited March 2012 in PA Connectivity
Hi ALL,

I am new here and I really need help setting up my system. I just bought the DBX DriveRAck PA+ but I am kinda confused about setting up the system.

I have:

1 DBX DriveRack PA+
2 JBL JRX125 speakers
2 Gemini GSM 3250 speakers
2 Gemini GVX series subs (powered)
1 Behringer EPX3000 AMP
1 Behringer iNuke NU3000 AMP
1 QSC GX5 AMP

My plan was from DBX DriveRack PA + as a 3 way sound.
Low = (Gemini GVX series powered subs)
MID = (Behringer EPX3000 amp) with (Gemni GSM 3250 speakers)
HIGH = (QSC GX5 amp) with (Gemini GSM 3250 speakers)

and Behringer iNuke NU3000 is connected with JBL JRX125 speakers as a second set of speakers from "Main 2" output from my mixer.

The reasons why i am confused about setting up the system are:
1) There are switches in the back of the Amplifiers such as "Full Range" or "CH1-Low & CH2 High".
2) All my speakers have 2 connections for GEMINI has two 1/4 connections and JBL JRX125 has 1 speakon and 1 1/4 connections.
If I use the dbx driverack pa+ what should i set the switch in the back of my amps to? And if I connected MID and HIGH signals to Gemini speakers, Is it okie to connect both amps in two of 1/4 inputs of GEMINI GSM3250 speakers?

If anyone has a better ideas or suggestions please help. Thanks alot!!

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Sounds very confusing to me...I have never seen a speaker with a switch for "fullrange" those are on speakers and they are for bi-amping... however those speakers are not bi-ampable..anyway...

So second problem is,... those speakers have 90 degree horizontal pattern in the HF range and overlapping the coverage of the speakers is going to cause sonic chaos..(phasing, cancellation, modes).
    My plan was from DBX DriveRack PA + as a 3 way sound.
    Low = (Gemini GVX series powered subs)
    MID = (Behringer EPX3000 amp) with (Gemni GSM 3250 speakers)
    HIGH = (QSC GX5 amp) with (Gemini GSM 3250 speakers)

Well I think you mean a dual stereo top with subs??? and I told you above why thats a bad idea...but in the spirit of disclosure... you select a bi-amp tops and subs config and lower the HPF of the hi outs so that the frequency range is 100 hz LR24 to out- Set the mids LPF to out and the HPF to again 100hz LR 24.

The subs then would be 20 hz LR6 (letting the powered sub do it's own HPF) to 100 hz LR24.
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    "Sounds very confusing to me...I have never seen a speaker with a switch for "fullrange" those are on speakers and they are for bi-amping... however those speakers are not bi-ampable..anyway..."

I think he means the amp has a switch for selecting full range or hi / lo filter.

DRA