Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

Best set up for a live band ?

No Neck ShrekNo Neck Shrek Posts: 10
edited December 2012 in PA General Discussion
I'm looking for some advise with the best set up for a live band. While running the monitors all with the same system.
My equipment;
Peavey 16FX mixer
DBX PA+
1 Crown XLS 2000 - monitors
1 Crown XLS 2500 - mains
1 Crown XLS 2500 - subs
2 Yamaha BR12M - monitors
2 Yamaha S115V - mains
2 Yamaha SW115V - subs
4 - EV ND 767A mics

Is it possible to get replacement DBX PA+ manuals ?
Mine had some drinks spilled on them. :oops:
Any news on how to update the PA+ with a dell computer ?

Thanks 8)

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    http://www.dbxpro.com/PA+/

Under Resources>Literature> Manual

As for setup do you mean a mono tops/subs and a single monitor feed all through the DRPA+?

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2228

Change the values to these:
    Subs:
    HPF 45hz BW 18
    LPF 100 hz LR24
    Tops:
    HPF 100hz LR24

Read the "Start here" thread :
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959

There are lots of other articles here in the FAQ's to help you:

viewforum.php?f=60

Happy reading :mrgreen:
    Gadget
  • Gadget wrote:
    As for setup do you mean a mono tops/subs and a single monitor feed all through the DRPA+?

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2228

Change the values to these:
    Subs:
    HPF 45hz BW 18
    LPF 100 hz LR24
    Tops:
    HPF 100hz LR24

Happy reading :mrgreen:
    Gadget

Yes, I've been reading alot of the info already. I just like to know I'm properly applying what I've read. :shock:

I was looking at the configuration wiring , running 4 full range outpts + subs and using the Crowns highpass filters for the mains & monitors, but I'm not sure if that would be the "best" way to go.

If I ran mono tops/subs and a single monitor feed all through the DRPA+, then I could brigde the amps for the mains & subs for full output. Right ?

Thanks for the setting values, I'll go make the adjustments now !
    If I ran mono tops/subs and a single monitor feed all through the DRPA+, then I could brigde the amps for the mains & subs for full output. Right ?

Yes...
  • Thanks Gadget !
  • Ok, so I've read this VV and I have some new equipment.
    http://www.dbxpro.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3172

Now I'm concerned that I don't have the "best" configuration loaded in place.
    I'm currently using the 2X6 configuration suggested before, now I've added another amp and 2 eqs to be able to control the monitors separately.

My equipment;
    Peavey 16FX mixer
    DBX PA+
    2 Crown XLS 2000 - monitors
    2 DBX 215s EQs - for monitors
    1 Crown XLS 2500 bridged - mains
    1 Crown XLS 2500 bridged- subs
    2 Yamaha BR12M - monitors
    2 EV ELX112 - mnoitors
    2 Yamaha S115V - mains
    2 Yamaha SW115V - subs - upgraded w/ Eminence KAPPA PRO-15LF-2 drivers
    4 - EV ND 767A mics

I've read until my brain is now mush :shock: Please help 8)
    The config will still be fine, you'll still only have one monitor feed, and the DRPA will provide FAR better monitor control than a carpet bomber like a 15 band graphic.

Was there a question other than that there?
  • I guess I didn't explain it very well. I want to remove the monitors from the DriveRack setting I currently have programmed. I'm using the 2X6 custom setting that was first recommended but, now I'd like to have separate control over each individual monitor. The rack I have does not have enough space in it to run dual 31band eqs,(2u) I only have room for dual 15band eqs.(1u)-(not ideal I know but I can't afford a new rack case at this time)

Its live sound so I'm running everything mono and running the amps bridged so I will only have 1 feed going to each amp (Crown XLS2500s).

Should I leave the DriveRack like it is and just use 1 channel or is there a "better" configuration?
    No, you didn't explain it well...but yes the config will still work just fine.. just use one side...

I still say take your most important monitor and leave it on the driverack...no need to NOT have that control...makes no sense to me to eliminate a 28 band Eq and 2 PEQ's plus HPF... for a 15 band carpet bomber... :|
  • Gadget wrote:
    I still say take your most important monitor and leave it on the driverack...no need to NOT have that control...makes no sense to me to eliminate a 28 band Eq and 2 PEQ's plus HPF... for a 15 band carpet bomber... :|

OK, so instead of having the right channel from the mixer going to the driverack, I would use the aux send for monitor 1 to the driverack and I would still have individual volume controls. Right?

Should I set the HFF on the Crown for the rest of the monitors ?

If so, what level should I start with ?

Gadget, thanks so much for your help. :D
    Hmmm,

You know, I respond to a TON of questions.. In this case I am wondering exactly where we are???
  • Well, I'm in Columbus, Ohio :mrgreen:

I've followed all the information you've given me in the previous posts. I'm using the configuration for 2X6 with the left channel for mains & subs, and the right channel for a single supply for the monitors - per the viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2228
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Sorry to jump in here so late... but I need some clarification. When you say "live band", do you mean as opposed to Britney Spears, J Lopez, Ashley Simpson, or any of the other "dancing bear acts"? :mrgreen:

DRA
    :lol: Happy New Year :lol:
  • Dra wrote:
    Sorry to jump in here so late... but I need some clarification. When you say "live band", do you mean as opposed to Britney Spears, J Lopez, Ashley Simpson, or any of the other "dancing bear acts"? :mrgreen:

DRA
    :lol: Happy New Year :lol:

Uhm, YES ! :mrgreen:

Mark
    8) Happy New Year 8)
    OK, so instead of having the right channel from the mixer going to the driverack, I would use the aux send for monitor 1 to the driverack and I would still have individual volume controls. Right?

yes, transfer the monitor feed to the AUX send (a PRE fader aux) you would then use the main faders to control the MONO tops/subs running off the left driverack input, and the AUX send master and (and individual channel aux rotary knobs) to control the monitor volumes...
  • Will do ! Thanks again !