Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Subharmonic Synth Setting (S3)

MikeyMikey Posts: 82
Gentlemen, I have to do a rock and roll show for about 34,000 kids from a local deaf school. I have two Radio Shack Minimus 7 speakers and an ADCOM amp. I'll probably mix the bands on a Phonic 6 input board and have Drawmer, Aphex, Empirical Labs and Lexicon processing. I'm hoping my Neve 1073 channel strips will save me.

Now, what subharmonic synthesizer settings should I use to rock the house?

Mikey :shock:

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You at least need to get a DRPA+. The synth setting should be 85% for the upper and 58.5% on the lower.

You'd better pick up a 2nd pair of Minimus 7 and run then to the back of the room. Sounds like a great show. :mrgreen:

DRA
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks, Dra! I'll have SIM II and Smaart running, so I'm really feeling good about the show being perfect. With software like that, how can a guy go wrong? After I upgrade all my mic cables to Canare L-4E6S, I'll have a ROCKIN' rig!

I'm using a 3 day delay time on my DriveRack. That way, no one will have to hear anything until I've had a chance to edit it all in my garage!

I'll post the results.

Rock on!

Mikey
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    2BE30B14.gif2BE30B14.gif2BE30B14.gif

emoticons.gifemoticons.gifemoticons.gif

Mr. Dra...he GOTCHAthLOL1.gif

Ok, Well, Mikey... I think you might have better luck using a pair of Blose 601 series 2022...I would highly recommend at least one Acoustimas sub powered by a belchfire 6000 amp...Remember you need to drive a ground rod through the pavilion floor to at least 10' 3" (and 30.0158 thousandths of and inch EXACTLY) or all life within a 3 mile radius will be baked to cinders the moment the amp is turned on...

***Note*** set the xover frequency to 2K on the sub, making sure to overlap the crossover point by at least 1,950hz Also the sub harmonic synth should be set to max frequency response to make sure there is nothing intelligible in the outputs. Remember these are deaf people that can't hear anything anyway..

So have fun and make sure NOT to wear any hearing protection, you have no business doing sound anyway..

Sincerely, your crabby host
    Gspot...
  • Options
    Thanks, GSpot. I'll try the 2K thing on the subs. I'll be using a Manischewitz-O'Riley topology. Not sure which one will win, but I promise the dinners will be plentiful. Does 4 deadBeats/Olive sound about right for a slippery slope?

Learning SOOO much here! Thanks to all!

Mikey
  • Options
    Gadget wrote:
    2BE30B14.gif2BE30B14.gif2BE30B14.gif

emoticons.gifemoticons.gifemoticons.gif

Mr. Dra...he GOTCHAthLOL1.gif

Ok, Well, Mikey... I think you might have better luck using a pair of Blose 601 series 2022...I would highly recommend at least one Acoustimas sub powered by a belchfire 6000 amp...Remember you need to drive a ground rod through the pavilion floor to at least 10' 3" (and 30.0158 thousandths of and inch EXACTLY) or all life within a 3 mile radius will be baked to cinders the moment the amp is turned on...

***Note*** set the xover frequency to 2K on the sub, making sure to overlap the crossover point by at least 1,950hz Also the sub harmonic synth should be set to max frequency response to make sure there is nothing intelligible in the outputs. Remember these are deaf people that can't hear anything anyway..

So have fun and make sure NOT to wear any hearing protection, you have no business doing sound anyway..

Sincerely, your crabby host
    Gspot...

Oh no he didn't! :mrgreen: It is not often that one of the Monkees stops by.

DRA
  • Options
    Shame on me! I thought you said Mickey. :roll:

DRA
  • Options
    Dr. JDr. J Posts: 209
    Funny stuff going on around here......... Saw a bass player using a Sonic Maximizer last night...... he was trying to show folks what was up. Sounded like dog meat...... lol
  • Options
    Dr. J, you aren't dissin' the Sonic Maximizer, are you? I think they're freakin' awesome!! If you leave 4 rack spaces above one, it's capable of holding a beer AND 4 shot glasses....AT ONCE! If something spills, no worries. It's the best $450 shelf money can buy.

Mik....er....Mickey
  • Options
    Dr. JDr. J Posts: 209
    Mikey wrote:
    Dr. J, you aren't dissin' the Sonic Maximizer, are you? I think they're freakin' awesome!! If you leave 4 rack spaces above one, it's capable of holding a beer AND 4 shot glasses....AT ONCE! If something spills, no worries. It's the best $450 shelf money can buy.

Mik....er....Mickey

Baha! They do hold racks together pretty well...... is there anything on the inside of those besides the jacks?
  • Options
    Survey says.....

Nothing useful. There are a few parts and it does change the sound, but is it really for the better? Oddly, a transfer function that I did a few hundred years ago showed nothing. Are we measuring the wrong thing or in the wrong way?

I have so many stoopid questions.

Mikey