Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion

JRX115

twintentwinten Posts: 50
What if I installed 2225H drivers in my JRX115's ? I have a set of new recones. From what JBL has on the web the 2225H will go up to 1600hz. That is my horn xover point. I could add more power to these.

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    ya but your still limited by the horns (weakest link in JRX series speakers) and they are what is going to limit your potential volume with those cabs.

If you better consider NOT doing it if you are going to ever run them full range. The wrong woofer in the box is a recipe for disaster. A cabinet is designed around a spec woofer, not the other way around.

You could try it and see... but it might not work...
  • twintentwinten Posts: 50
    I'm sure your right. I thought about that. I will just wait until I find some wood cabs. and use them. The JRX chipboard's are in nice shape now. I don't mind bi-amp . I know I would have to better the horns.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Besides those 2225's would probably rip those cabs apart...

Remember, the cabinet is designed AROUND the DRIVER.. just any box isn't going to work...
  • twintentwinten Posts: 50
    I never thought that might happen I just need a stronger speaker. These JRX speakers have been replaced twice. They sound good though. Only used in a bar room setup. Not all that much vol.