Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion

differnt speaker designs

jthunderbassjthunderbass Posts: 60
Is there a better speaker design for a hipack speaker, then the typical 215 or 212 front loaded design?
Since the LABSub is a better more effeciant subwoofer design then a front loaded 218 subwoofer. WHat about coming up with some design for mids and highs, that is more efeciant and louder? Even if it meens having the horn in its own box and stacking multiple speaqker boxes on top of each other.
Also can you change the response curve of a speaker by doing a differnt speaker box design? Can you make a speaker frequency response curve flatter by angleing it diferntly.
Also does it matter what ohms I run LABSubs at? If I wire the speakers so they stay at 6 ohms etc...
Im not really concerned about weight issues.

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well, it would be dual 6.4 ohm or one 3.2 ohm load.
    Is there a better speaker design for a hipack speaker, then the typical 215 or 212 front loaded design?

That would depend on the application, and coverage needs.
    WHat about coming up with some design for mids and highs, that is more efeciant and louder? Even if it meens having the horn in its own box and stacking multiple speaqker boxes on top of each other.

There are speakers that have horn loaded designs as well, and again, the application is typically the determining factor. This very subject was explored at length @ the PSW and that info, though voluminous is still there for perusal...
    Also can you change the response curve of a speaker by doing a differnt speaker box design?

Not sure I follow you here? Typically the "design" is associated with loading the driver properly and controlling the dispersion pattern...
    Can you make a speaker frequency response curve flatter by angleing it diferntly

Again not sure I follow you, unless your talking about how Fitzmaurice has some designs that cross drivers at 90 degrees? I don't buy into that...

Just where Are you again?
  • Im over in Fargo, so not to far from Walker.
    Ah...

We used to be house sound at Playmakers, and did some shows @ Pistol Pete's...
  • Aaah yes, Playmakers. That place has changed alot in the last couple years. They changed the name, Pistol Peetes closed. They reopend and its pretty nice ovr there.
    So where do you play primarily then?