Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

DRPX settings on QSC K10 and AFS settings

BigdaddiBigdaddi Posts: 3
edited June 2012 in PA Connectivity
Hi! Grateful if you could assist me on settingup my drpx on its custom speakers setting .
I know that the px could squeeze every juice out of my system but will leave some for the headroom when required.

As I do alot of Live Event as an FOH (Acoustic Bands and DJ gigs), Im kind of confuse on the AFS settings, the Fixed and Live. Shall I put 6 Fs and 6Ls on the AFS settings. Your kind help will be greatly appreciated.

My simple setup:

Hi/Mid Freq - Stereo:
2xFull Range: QSC K10
Frequency Response (-6 dB) 60 Hz - 18 kHz
Frequency Range (-10 dB) 56 Hz - 20 kHz

Low Freq Mono:
2xSubs: HK Audio Powerworks RS Sub15a
Freq. range: 50 - 130 Hz
it's got a built in crossover that rolls off at 24db/octave on 130 hz

Bigdaddi
DJ/FOH soundguy

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Try 6 & 6 and see it you get the volume you need. If not, increase the fix #. Also try different settings: speech, music low, etc. Start with music high first. That is the least damaging, but may not provide the needed correction. Trial & error my friend.

DRA
  • Options
    BigdaddiBigdaddi Posts: 3
    Dra wrote:
    Try 6 & 6 and see it you get the volume you need. If not, increase the fix #. Also try different settings: speech, music low, etc. Start with music high first. That is the least damaging, but may not provide the needed correction. Trial & error my friend.

DRA

Thanks DRA! Appreciate your advice and ill do just that.

Grateful for your kind advise on my query on the custom speaker setup