Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Driverack PA noise issues

cabentzcabentz Posts: 3
edited June 2012 in PA General Discussion
Having a serious electronic garbage signal that has just started. It does not increase with gain, hut is always there...Seems to come and go. It appears to have started at the DB button on rear of unit...removed cover, sprayed some contact cleaner..problem is still there. The sound kind of sounds like a scratching record.

The only thing I did was swap out Sub amp before noticing the sound. Not sure what is going in.All preset tunings still have the noise.

Any ideas????

cabentz

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Bypass the driverack and go straight to the top speakers. Problem gone? Replace the xlr cable(s) and try again. Do this until you have all the cables that you need for your complete set-up. Now patch back in the driverack.
    Is it on all outputs? Have you tried another preset?
    Write down all your settings, then do a hard reset.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Check your speaker cables....
  • Options
    cabentzcabentz Posts: 3
    Great tips...actually thought I should bypass driverack altogether...discovered the problem to be a dirty xlr connector on my Mackie board. A little contact cleaner and some can air and I am back in business.

Thanks...
  • Options
    Please end 1 billion dollars to my Paypal account. :mrgreen:

Glad it was something simple.

DRA
  • Options
    Ya he "ended" that thought before it got started Dra... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I don't like to end money for things I don't need. Nor to I like to end money to family members or people I don't know. Sometimes I end letters or post cards at Christmas. My wife refuses to end pants that I rip in the straddle. I have never ended bar. I don't have any patents ending. I seldom get snacks from a ending machine. When push comes to shove, everyone has to end for themselves. I end over backwards to please my wife. I haven't checked the Dow's end yet today.
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    DRA
  • Options
    The END :!:
  • Options
    Boy, Ihope so. :roll: