Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

DriveRack PX settings for Yorkie LS801P & RCF ART312A

skelmskelm Posts: 8
Would like to ask for some help setting up the sub/tops

2 X RCF ART312A
DriveRack PX
1 X yorkville LS801p

The tops are in the preset configs, but the sub is not. Here are the sub's details

Max SPL 140dB Peak (134dB Continuous)
45Hz – 150Hz with Adjustable HF Roll-Off
45Hz – 90Hz Variable Boost Frequency

I have tried all the auto-wizarding. I can get a 1/2 decent sound if after doing that i up the DB's on the yorkie +10 but think I really need a proper setup (currently using the provided yorkie sub setup NOT the LS801p)

Thanks for helping out a newb!

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    If by "Auto wizarding" you mean auto -eq, then you have not read around much or gone to the FAQ post section (not the tab above).

As far as a x-over point... try 100hz use LR24 on each side Set the subs onboard filter to max (150hz). The sub will have all the adjustments and extreme low end protection, but it will not hurt to add a BW18 @ 30hz to be extra safe. Then play with the "Shape" to get the type low end that you want.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    First off no preset necessary, if you look at the settings provided for the RCF there is probably ONLY an HPF. Since the subs have a built in HPF and LPF you can let them handle the HPF, and you need then to set the LPF LOWER than the subs preset LPF (so set it to 150 hz if you are using the driverack). Since this is a 15" I would recommend 100hz HPF/LPF and LR24 for the filter. This will allow the tops to get a bit louder because they are not having to reproduce the lower power sapping frequencies.

Now, indoor auto eq is pretty useless below about 170 hz...If you want a good flattening of the subs you'll need a place outdoors away from all reflective surfaces. I know they are a bit peaky in performance and you could easily slap a PEQ with a Q of about 3-4 on and roll a cut and boost around on them an see where those are and use the two PEQ's available to deal with those.. I'm betting a cut in the 100 hz area and boost around 70...what are messin with you are standing waves/mode indoors.. Bass waves couple and create super waves.

What is you method of auto eq? I am hoping your not going to tell me mic on a stand.. in between the speaker stacks... :roll:
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for all the great input, i had been using 100 as cut-off, changing to LR24 on both sides made a huge difference. How do I give a boost at 70? - Eventually Ill know enough to make good use of the other details given here ;)
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    You would press the [EQ] button till the L is highlighted in the upper left corner (indicating LOW outputs) the PEQ 1 should selected at this point and here you set the 70hz, Q and gain... using the <prev, next> and rotary encoder to set the parameters, make sure the filter is BELL (not shelf) and that the EQ's are ON!
  • Options
    Gadget wrote:
    You would press the [EQ] button till the L is highlighted in the upper left corner (indicating LOW outputs) the PEQ 1 should selected at this point and here you set the 70hz, Q and gain... using the <prev, next> and rotary encoder to set the parameters, make sure the filter is BELL (not shelf) and that the EQ's are ON!

Thanks!
  • Options
    For anyone that references this thread - here is what I have so far

On the back of the LS801P I have the High Freq Rolloff dial on the back of the sub all the way to the right (highest setting 150hz). I have my shape knob at the 10:00 position. On the DR PX i have set my cross over frequency at around 90Hz - boosted 70 by 6DB & reduced 80Hz by about 4db with a narrow Q. Using the 24db filters for sub crossover and top crossover

Still playing around but this is 100% better than before - I will steer way clear of any further auto-wizarding ;)