Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

New to the PA+, question about an odd setup

TheCapitalCTheCapitalC Posts: 4
edited July 2012 in PA General Discussion
Hi all,

I just got a PA+ on recommendation over the PX (even though I typically use powered tops / subs). I was hoping that there would be more speakers available (or the ability for us to somehow create our own profiles to upload), but I can deal with that.

What I need help with is an unusual setup for an event this weekend. I'm in a rather large room and my front speakers will consist of a pair of QSC HPR-152f and an HPR-151i sub. The rear "fill" will be further than I have for delay on the PA+ (not a big deal), consisting of a pair of QSC K10's.

How should I configure my system to run full-range signal to the front and rear, and low-range only to the sub?

I would usually run the wizard when using my K10's and the sub (using the 181i settings), but I'm guessing for this setup, I'd have to manually set things? Any help of tips would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Check out this thread. Just insert "rear fills" for "monitors". The only thing else that will be different is that you can go stereo if desired.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3137&hilit=mains+and+monitors

DRA
  • Options
    Cheers Dra, I took a look and think I can figure it out, if not I'll reply back!
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    if your still hanging about just go into the wizard and set up a stereo linked bi-amp tops and subs (stereo or mono either will do the job). Then set the tops HPF to maybe 100hz LR24 and the set the Mid HPF to maybe 120hz and the LPF to out, or 15-18khz.... where ever you want the highs to end on the far fills.

This way if you want to auto Eq you can do it once and be done... just follow all, the other rules for auto eq..

You can set up presets for other speakers, like the K10's... if REALLY look at the setups there isn't much more than a HPF in them anyway, unless there is bi-amp setup... THEN you'll see some different things in the crossover, Eq's and delay.
  • Options
    Thanks Gadget, I'll give it a whirl once I get to the venue. :)