Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

How to Connect without subs

hfc7713hfc7713 Posts: 24
edited August 2012 in PA General Discussion
I run my PA from DRPA to amp 1 (horns) and amp 2 (mids) - SRX715 bi-amped.
amp 3 - SRX718.

If wanted to leave the subs at home for a very small venue, I would use a user program I already set up on the DRPA for that purpose deleting the subs and then would I use amp1 for horns and amp 3 for mids? Would this make the outputs hi and low in the DRPA the correct outs to use? If the mid output from the DRPA is left plugged in to amp2 but of course not used (because amp 2 would not be in use), would that be OK?
I just wanted to make sure I have it right.....

Thanks guys.............

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    If amp 2 is capable of properly powering the "mid" (now "low") speaker, I would do that because of connection simplicity. To do that simply copy the set-up you use with subs and alter the "mid" filter to lower the HPF. I recommend also changing the "lo" filter to be gained all the way down (and possibly closing the range as small as possible). This is just to prevent mistakingly using the low output. Name this program to suit.

If the amp is not capable, there are many ways to get where you want to go, but each has potential for error (some less than others).

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks DRA... The reason I thought I would have to use hi and lo out is because I think I read somewhere that without subs- those are the outputs to use -not hi and mid. So you are saying use hi and mid right??? (assuming amp is capable which it is)
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Yes. It will keep things more uniform, and less confusing.

DRA
  • Options
    That works for me...Thanks DRA