Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

trouble with auto eq

Jmansf3Jmansf3 Posts: 5
edited September 2012 in PA General Discussion
Hello all,

I'm a first time user of a drive rack pa+ and new to the forum as well. I am trying to set up the auto eq with JBL PRX 635 speakers. I am attempting the outdoor method and am having trouble. I have the speaker set up on a stand out in the grass with the DBX RTA mic also on a stand approx mid way between woofer and tweeter. I have tried all different mic distances ranging from 4 feet to 10 feet. My issue is that I keep getting inconsistent readings when I run the auto eq. I will make a pass and get a pretty flat reading and then make another pass without changing anything and get as totally different reading. I am also trying to correct using the PEQ. Aside from the different readings I am also having some trouble adjusting the PEQ. I will take a pass and view what the GEQ has done. It might read flat with most frequencies boosted around 3db. When adjusting the PEQ no matter how high I boost I cant seem to get rid of that 3db boost on the GEQ. I even was at the point where I would boost the PEQ up to 10 db boost and still show a 3db boost when running the auto eq. I dont have alot of experience in doing this although I do have some experience in live sound reinforcement but I don't know what the heck Im doing wrong.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    There could be MANY reasons for this including temperature and humidity variations and wind...Try the indoor method and see if the problem still occurs, if so there may be a problem with the unit...or mic