Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

DRPA connect to bridged Crown XLS

hfc7713hfc7713 Posts: 24
edited September 2012 in PA General Discussion
I have a question for you gurus.
I am sure there has to be a solution. It seems like it should be so simple to me but I am stumped!!.How do I wire up my Crown XLS2000 to my DRPA to run bridged through my mids if my DRPA only offers left and right feeds to the amp but the amp in bridge mode only accepts 1 channel mono in from the DBX??. I have been told that a 'y' cable is not the answer so what is??

help and thanks...

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    It would have been helpful to know ALL the system components, but if only one component of a 2 way system needs summed output because your running stereo hi outs, use a 2X3 stereo tops, mono subs and set the mids out to come out of the low outputs and adjust the frequency points of the outputs...

If your going to run a 3 way system and insist on running the Hi outs in stereo set up a 2x5 and use the Low sub outputs for the mids, the mids for the subs and the Hi outs for the hi's... I know it may seem counter intuitive, but all you need to do then is set the low sub outs to cover the mid frequency range by moving the midrange down and set the subs in the mid outs and set the mid frequency range to cover the subs frequency spread...

You do realize that the mixer sums all outputs to mono as long as the pan control is centered???