Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

Quick DRPA+ peavey question

Kevrock25Kevrock25 Posts: 20
edited October 2012 in PA Connectivity
My system.
Yamaha mg16/4cx mixer
Driverack pa+
2-pv15 mains
2-pv118 subs
1-qsc gx3
1-qsc rmx1450

I've read the quick start guide and kinda understand it I'll be
Installing this Friday at band practice. And advice, crossover, feedback, etc
I should know. We are a heavy metal band. Just wondering what I should
Look out for I've never used a dr before. We have alot of rack gear we are hoping
This will replace. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Check out these links. The first is required. The second, scan through the topics and read the ones that look interesting.

viewforum.php?f=61

viewforum.php?f=60

As far as eliminating rack gear... if you mean compressors, or anything else that you would insert into a channel, that you would use for your lead singer or for the snare... no, the driverack is a system controller, not a channel controller.

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks I read that it is very useful.
    I guess my question is is my gear good enough to get good sound
    With the driverack.
    And any advice from anyOne who has used the dr with this setup
  • Options
    While the PV series is not the greatest, the Driverack will help any system be the best it can be. The key is setting the low filter on the subs to the -3db point and use a BW18 filter.

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks for that advice. What exactly will that do? Lol
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Don't expect to be able to "RAWK the house" with that level of gear... you can rock a room to a certain extent.... but if your instruments are REALLY LOUD, you WILL have problems...
  • Options
    To answer your "what will that do?" question... adding the hi-pass-filter (HPF) to the sub, you gain 2 advantages.
    1) You won't blow up your subs trying to reproduce sounds that they can't (but still move trying to).
    2) Eliminating the frequencies that #1 accomplishes, you gain available power reserves for the sounds that you will be making. In other words... you can get louder.

Just looked at the specs for this sub. Set the HPF to 45hz BW18 (might even want to go to 50hz)

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.