Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

How to change eq presets

Kevrock25Kevrock25 Posts: 20
edited October 2012 in PA General Discussion
After I ran the eq setup. Can I scroll thru the factory presets
Just to see what they sound like. And if so how.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    No presets will ave any GEQ adjustments. The only possible changes will be the x-over points and maybe some gain changes.

DRA
  • Options
    Sorry I don't understand. So I can't adjust the eq? Is it only for the setup
    It asked me what curve I wanted during setup. I was just wondering if is changeable
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    You can change the precurve for the auto eq function, what DRA was saying is that NONE of the preset speaker setups will have ANY eq on them unless it's a biamp top, or triamp top preset. The only difference in presets is HPF, crossover point, and maybe dynamics changes (limiter settings),

So the presets that are in the driverack will all sound essentially the same UNTIL you set up and run the auto eq, or change the eq manually...
  • Options
    and whats the easiest way to adjust the eq?
  • Options
    Your questions are very non-specific, but maybe this is what you are looking for.

Can I compare the results of the different curves available in the Auto-EQ Wizard?
    Yes.
    Select Preset 1. Select the "A" curve. Run the Auto-EQ. Save the preset as "A Curve", or "A".
    Select Preset 2. Select the "B" curve. Run the Auto-EQ. Save the preset as "B Curve", or "B".
    Select Preset 3. .................
    Select Preset 4. .................

Don't forget that each preset will have to be set up with the same x-over etc. A little time consuming, but the exercise will do you good.
    Now simply compare as you listen. The only downside is that there is a "loading pause".

What is the easist way to adjust the EQ?
    There is no easy way. Select, Turn, Press, Rotate, Next, repeat. Well... there is an easy way. Use the Driveware GUI.

DRA
  • Options
    there is an easy way. Use the Driveware GUI.

But ONLY on the 200 series...not the PA, PA+, or PX
  • Options
    :evil: Gadget! :evil: ,
    That was an excitement-provoking leading statement. :mrgreen:

DRA
  • Options
    :? this IS the DRPA forum after all... :?
  • Options
    Thanks that helps aot everyone.