Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

What does the PX store

Krazy BKrazy B Posts: 51
edited October 2012 in DriveRack PX
When you set up your PA in a venue and use the Set Up, Eq and AFS wizards and then save the results, does it actually save all of these settings for recalling in the same venue next time you are there. Or does it only save the set up, so you then need to re-run the Auto EQ and AFS wizards again?

I suspect only the latter but am just wondering and needing clarification.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    When you save... you are saving everything associated with that preset, everything you did to it, if you set up a crossover you have that, if you set up a HPF for the subs you have that, if you auto eq an empty room using the ridiculous method dbx postulates you will very likely have a terrible sounding system that will not even be close to what you need in a full room...If you set up the limiters you will have that as well..

and yes it will store the AFS results (the FIXED frequencies) but this could change from time to time, and will with varying audience size... I dare say if your system is tuned properly you won't even NEED the AFS for the most part...

Anything you do will be stored when you press the store button. If you do it right, you will be able to go back to that room and recall your setup and be ready for business.

We have complied all the information you need to set up your system PROPERLY in the 'start here' thread :
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959

And the FAQ section:
    viewforum.php?f=60

Where you will find the secrets of unlocking the driverack and getting the most out of it's toolset. GO by the manual and fail miserably, or empower yourself with the knowledge we have amassed over the years...what REALLY works...

Not trying to be flip here, but to tell you what you need to learn to make your life easier and get the most out of the driverack...
  • Options
    Krazy BKrazy B Posts: 51
    Thanks for clarifiying that. Have always operated with a bit of good theory and from what you learn in practice. I found the book a little contradictory at times and not clear about what it stores. Interseting too as a local contact I have hasa PA+ for his one man band. It sounds awful and I keep telling him he is not using it correctly. I think I am right now.