Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Gain Structure

mclir9mclir9 Posts: 51
I was reading an article about Gain Structure and it mentioned setting a gain level for Active Crossovers also. First it mentions this during the process "If your system uses active crossovers, for the moment, set all the crossover output level controls to maximum."
Then it goes on to mention an entire section for setting up "Active Crossover Output Level Controls" here http://www.rane.com/note135.html
I notice this is not mentioned in the Gain Structure sticky posted here, is this something a DRPA user should be concerened with??

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    It is odd that an article that had any crediblity would "Willy Nilly" state that the gain on every single x-over in existance should be "maxed".

A "start" point at "Unity" would be appropriate for all devices. Unity is typically marked, either by a "0" or a detent, or both.

The standard custom set-up in a Driverack will default to -0- as a starting point.

DRA
  • Options
    Actually, after going back through the Sticky Gain Structure in Start Here I noticed that it actually talks about the Crossover settings for the DRPA being at Unity and why.
  • Options
    Another question to anyone who may have an Allen Heath 16:2 Mixwizard, is there an AFL for the Master Channel??
  • Options
    Mixwiz3 does.
    Mixwiz2 does also.

The manuals to discribe how they are used are available for download at the A&H site. The MZ2 is under the Older products.

DRA
  • Options
    Looking through my manual that came with my mixer and I can't find anything about this, just how to use PFL per channel for level.
  • Options
    Found out through experimentation, all of the AUX Buttons need to be in up position.
  • Options
    That is correct. You must have the MZ3.