Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

Assistance with configuration

andygriffandygriff Posts: 6
edited November 2012 in DriveRack PX
I play in a small band and the job of keeping the PA usually falls to me. We normally use our JBL eon rig with the Driverack PX and it’s awesome. We have a large show coming up and are using our bigger PA and we want to configure the PX for it. Although the PX was designed for active speakers looking around the forums it looks like it will work on passive speakers.

I am no expert but could do with any advice on setting up the frequencies on the outputs, there are loads of presets but they are for active speakers such as JBL and Mackie. We can create our own presets but being honest I am a little out of my depth and want to ensure I set the output frequencies correctly.

We would also like to use the basic compression settings to stop the input being clipped and would also like to do the same on the sub output and the mid/high outputs.

Any assistance would be much appreciated and could maybe save me hours of working it out.

2 x Bass Bins

Power Handling: 600 Watt Continuous
1200 Watt Program
2400 Watt Peak
Freq. Response (-3 dB): 42 – 130 Hz
Freq. Range (-10 dB): 38 – 130 Hz

2 x Mid/Tops
Power Handling: 450 Watt Continuous
900 Watt Program
1800 Watt Peak
Freq. Response (-3 dB): 80 – 16.000 Hz
Freq. Range (-10 dB): 60 – 20.000 Hz
Crossover Frequency: 2000 Hz, 18 dB/Oct

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    We need your power amps for these speakers listed and model# or at least driver compliment in order to better serve your needs...
  • Options
    Thanks Gadget for the response.

The Mid/High Cabs are powered by a crown 2000 xti and the bins are powered by an Inuke 6000

High/Mid Amps - 475 Watts at 8Ohms
    Bins Amp - Inuke 6000 - 1100 watts at 8Ohms

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    model# or at least driver compliment
  • Options
    Hi Gadget,

As you can probably tell I am a novice so I have included every bit of info I have here on the speakers and amps.

2 x Mid/High - Custom built by Wats they are horn loaded cabinets
    RCF 12" L12P540 - 97 dB Sensitivity 50 Hz – 2 kHz Frequency range, 8Ohm, 400 Watt RMS
    2" P-Audio BM2-D750 Compression Driver - Power Handling 100Watt, Recommended Crossover 1kHz or higher (12dB/Octslope)