Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

Need help PX with EON515 and 518S sub

happyview78happyview78 Posts: 3
edited November 2012 in DriveRack PX
I am a newbie on DriverRack PX set up and PA systems. I have managed to modify one of the presets but still not 100%
Powered EON515 and 518S are not listed on the preset list of PX. I assume EON515 is similar to EON15G2 preset?
EON515 specs
Frequency Range (-10 dB): 39 Hz -20 kHz
Frequency Response (±3 dB): 42 Hz - 18 kHz

EON518S specs
Frequency Range (-10 dB): 36 Hz - 130 Hz
Frequency Response (±3 dB): 42 Hz - 100 Hz
Crossover Frequency: 120 Hz (HPF selectable on outputs)

Further on I performed auto PEQ for the tops with the reference mic and pink noise. Some higher frequencies were boosted up, but I am still not convinced about the setup. It would be nice to have some tip & tricks how to improve PX configuration settings or some example of my JBL set up using the PX in order to have a clear top sound with a powerful baseline.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    There is a very detail set-up help and info regarding use the Auto-EQ (pitfalls to avoid like doing it like the manual instructs) in the READ ME FIRST and FAQ's in the first section above.

As to your direct question, just select the closest model you yours in the Wizard.

DRA
  • Options
    I read the section please could you confirm to set 90 Hz LR24 for the sub/top crossover.
    Then the sub itselves should be cut off at 100 Hz right?
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The 260's Wizard recommends a 114hz LR24 x-over point for the G2 and Eon sub combo.
    I can't comment on your 90hz and 100hz question, because I am not sure what you are referencing, but You can try several points from 90 - 120hz and decide based on tone and output (whatever sounds best to you).

The sub (according to the specs) is "+/- 3db flat" to 100hz, so you will want to stay away from above 100hz. Try 90, 95, & 100hz. Personally, 100hz sounds like a winner. :wink:

DRA