Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

Need help with driverack PA+

renaissancemanncrenaissancemannc Posts: 13
edited December 2012 in PA Connectivity
Need help setting up PA.

Config : mackie profx22, 2 electro voice elx 115ps, 1 JBL jrxsp118p, dbx driverack pa+. cd player.

Main L/R outs on mixer go to L/R input on drpa via XLR. The sub connects to the low/left/mono output of drpa and the input a on the sub using XLR. The tops connect to the high L/R output on the drpa and the input 1 on the top speakers via XLR.

JBL sub has THRU / HPF switch. What position should it be in? The powered tops have switches for use with subs too. What position should they be in?

The driverack pa+ does not have the presets for my amps/speakers( electro voice elx 115ps ) and will not complete the balancing function. Can I substitute a preset with freq response / freq range that is close?

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    JBL sub has THRU / HPF switch. What position should it be in? The powered tops have switches for use with subs too. What position should they be in?

The sub thru function will not be used, doesn't matter which position it is in...

Use the driverack to set the crossover point so the fullrange, or NO sub position is the way to go...

Don't bother with those presets, set up a custom one using all custom settings... run the setup wizard and as I said use all custom settings..

Once done load the config and then hit the [preset] button (think of this as a "home" button, next press the [Xover] button and note the upper left of the display and note the : config will be Stereo tops and mono subs so the mid isn't used in this config...
    L M H that represents the High, Mid, Low outputs of the DR
    Highlight the 'L' and set the:
    HPF to 45hz BW18
    Set the:
    LPF to 100hz LR24

Now highlight the H and set the HPF to LR24

Make sure to save the config,

Read the "Start Here" thread and do a gain structure..
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=959

and note the FAQ section that has loads of tips and tricks and info!
    viewforum.php?f=60
  • Options
    I appreciate all the info from this forum but I could not get this piece of gear to work as designed so I took it back to the store and got my money back.
  • Options
    Ok, well you are of course welcome to your findings, sad, that there are those that cannot seem to make it work because it is nothing short of amazing for those that can...

Peace and good fortune...
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    That was an odd thread. No "problem" expressed other than "how do I set it up?". But evidently he worked with it for 40 days, then gave up without a fight, or asking for help.

DRA
  • Options
    Kinda thought we GAVE him the answers... he just didn't understand them ...

How many other success stories have there been,

I think we've only actually lost a couple over the years...

Well, they will never know what they are missing...