Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General Software Control

Smaart/Systune control

apradaaprada Posts: 6
edited August 2013 in Software Control
Are there any plans to allow control of dbx units like 4800 or 260 via software programs like Smaart v7 or Systune? both allow contol of Lake EQ's. I asked Smaart's Rational Acoustics and they said to contact the manufacturer to implement this via an API port (I am not familiar with how this works) feature. And I dont know how AFMG's Systune how handle this, they use third party DSP plug ins (?). I would be great to have this control, like smaart v5 and v6 have via RS232.

thanks.

Alfredo Prada

Comments

• DennisDennis Posts: 801
    aprada wrote:
    Are there any plans to allow control of dbx units like 4800 or 260 via software programs like Smaart v7 or Systune? both allow contol of Lake EQ's. I asked Smaart's Rational Acoustics and they said to contact the manufacturer to implement this via an API port (I am not familiar with how this works) feature. And I dont know how AFMG's Systune how handle this, they use third party DSP plug ins (?). I would be great to have this control, like smaart v5 and v6 have via RS232.

thanks.

Alfredo Prada

I suppose if enough people contacted DBX and demanded a SMAART interface for the 4800, DBX might look into it but so far I do not see any pigs flying. The 260 is much farther down the food chain and a typical 260 customer is looking for auto EQ rather than a SMAART interface.....ain't gonna happen.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    The 260 was integrated into earlier versions of SMAART, I doubt the 4800 will be integrated if it hasn't already...I'll see what I can find out :?
  • DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Gadget wrote:
    The 260 was integrated into earlier versions of SMAART

I didn't know that
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Oink, oink. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • chaywoochaywoo Posts: 2
    So is there control by smaart or not? Anybody find ou? I hear its too pro to use auto eq, but can we use smaart? That would be great. I just bought the 4800, but had smaart for years. So far I am happy with the ease of use, sounds great on my eaw 660i's used as a crossover, . I plan to add stereo subs, and full range front mains. using smaart would really help speed things up.
    Nope, sorry they dropped the ball here... It was a 260 only integration only and they quit a 1/2 dozen iterations of SMAART ago...
  • chaywoochaywoo Posts: 2
    oh great, that sucks. guess I'll just have to use a couple of computer screens and do it all manually. Other then that terrible draw back because of the price, my eaw's never sounded so good. I think if it could integrate with smaart then the price is worth it. I know i know, not enough people complaining about it, but thats only because those people aren't buying it. I was short on time, read a thread in this forum where the person was stating that the dbx 4800 was too pro for the auto eq but you could transfer or do something to it through smaart and then i made my purchase. At least some auto eq would have been nice and fun to play with. Got to wonder who makes these decisions. Its like make the unit boring, but capable. oh well, thanks for the reply, at least it sounds fantastic.
    Ya, I know, I have one... and no matter how I begged I couldn't get anything to happen...I think the cashcow went somewhere else...dbx hasn't updated the 260 for well.. Hmmm can't remember...