Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

Behringer PMP6000 and DRPA+

bombsburybombsbury Posts: 4
edited December 2012 in PA Connectivity
Hello!

I read a post somewhat touching on this issue, but I just want to get clear. I am running a powered mixer, the Behringer PMP6000, and hope to connect the DriveRack PA+. How exactly will the connections be run? My understanding is this:

Main Outs on Board --> Ins on DBX --> Outs on DBX back to Power Amp Inserts on board.

If this is the case, then do I run both L and R from the mixer's Main Out into the two inputs, respectively, on the DBX (a TRS to XLR cable for each L and R), then from the MONO out on the DBX to the L input of the Power Amp insert? Or, do I simply need two dual TRS/one XLR cables (one male, one female) to secure the connections?

Alternatively, can I run one cable from the L portion of the board's main outs to the MONO input on the DBX, then one cable from the MONO output of the DX to the L side input of the Power Amp insert?

I am running 4 speakers off of the board with a monitor-send to powered drum monitors (if that means anything). At this point, I do not need to EQ the speakers separately (i.e., I am fine with the same EQ settings for all 4 speakers, somewhat assuming the monitor sends won't be processed by the DBX).

Thanks so much, looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Kyler

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Main Outs on Board --> Ins on DBX --> Outs on DBX back to Power Amp Inserts on board.

Yes for a conventional system

You could run dual MONO FOH :
    out of the mono out to a Y cable which would feed both channels of the amp, and then you could take say Mon1 to the Right input of the dbx and feed the powered monitor/monitors with that..

Otherwise your post confuses me as to what your asking...
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply Gadget!

And my apologies for being unclear.

So basically, I would need a Y cable (XLR to dual TRS) to send from the mono out on the DriveRack back to the inserts on the board; but could I also use another Y cable (dual TRS to XLR) to send from the board's main L&R outs to the DriveRack's mono XLR in? There is also a mono out on the Behringer, could I instead send from this to the mono input on the DriveRack (as opposed to using a Y cable to send from the main L&R outs on the board)?

- K
  • Options
    Here is an illustration of the outs on the Behringer I am referring to:

a5dr81.jpg
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    could I also use another Y cable (dual TRS to XLR) to send from the board's main L&R outs to the DriveRack's mono XLR in?

Yes but why not save the headache and just use the mono out since it is already summed and a single output which you will need for the driverack anyway :wink: