Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Q about Using RTA on L and R separately

BarberbenBarberben Posts: 4
edited January 2013 in PA General Discussion
Hey guys. This is my first post so please be gentle.

In my old setup I had 2 Drpas. Now I only have one and I am planning to run my FOH on one side and my monitors on the other. It's a pretty simple setup. 2 FOH, 2 stage monitors, and one powered sub.

My question is this; How do I go about using the RTA separately on my FOH and monitors. I used to be able to do it easily because I ran my FOH and Monitors from separate DRPAs, but now I'm not sure If the 2 channels will interfere with each other.

Do I need to unplug the side that I'm not "pinking" and let the RTA do it's thing individually or leave everything plugged in and just move my RTA mic from the house to the stage and run it twice?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Awesome. Thanks. So it appears that as long as I select "stereo", then "dual mono" in my setup, then the DRPA should give me the option to run the RTA on the left side, which I will use for FOH, then the right side, which I will use for monitors. If I read it right, the display should read "not done" after running the left side. I'm assuming that at that point I will just need to reposition my reference mic to a head-high location in the center of the area where the singers/musicians will be standing, and follow the on-screen prompt to continue the RTA setup for the monitors.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Yup,

Make sure to read this:
    viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2986

As well, because there are more than one things that can cause the message.. and you don't want that to be anything other than ... lets do the right side now!
  • Options
    Wow. I really appreciate your help in this matter. The venues we perform in vary WILDLY in size so even though the RTA isn't a perfect solution. It goes a LONG way toward helping me at least get a baseline to start. When I bought this DRPA I was like "yeah I've used these before, so I'm good to go" but when I realized that I had never used one on a mono system I also realized I had some learning to do. Lol. This last thread you pointed me to brings up another question. Do I need to run the RTA more than once for my FOH? If so, how do I go about that? If the unit successfully runs its "cycle" for the FOH, doesn't it automatically go on to the right side channel or the monitor side? Do I simply move my reference mic back out in front of the FOH speaker that is on the opposite side that I ran it the first time and repeat the process? And if so, is it a must that I run it with the reference mic back on stage again? I promise you that I have read the manual at least 2 times through, and though I have a good understanding of the overall function of the DRPA, I dont believe these RTA issues are well-explained.