Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

DriveRack and external Eq

peteo597peteo597 Posts: 2
I am currently running my PA with a DBX Drive Rack Px for powered monitors. I am not happy with the Eq built into the DriveRack. I have a 31 band 2 channel Eq can I run it through the Drive Rack with out creating any problems? If so do I run the Eq into the DriveRack and out to the Pa or the other way around? Please feel free to send any input. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    same here. i have mackie cfx12 with equalizer which gives me better sound. not sure if im doing the right settings. i selected Auto Eq (My band). i appreciate any comments.
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Pete,
    I'll assume that you don't like the difficult manor for adjusting the GEQ. (press, turn, scroll, press, turn, scroll) That is true, an old grab-a-fader-with-your-finger EQ is much easier to use on the fly. Play, play, play. It will get easier. If you insist on adding the piggyback EQ, put it after.
    1) Set the add-on as you see fit.
    2) Copy the graph to the DRPX
    3) Flatten the add-on
    4) Use the add-on for "quick repairs" as needed.

You may see that after a few set-ups that you won't need to adjust the add-on. If this is the case, you may opt to remove it from the change.

Bobo,
    Auto EQ CAN and many times WILL mess up your sound, if you use it the way the manual describes. Go to the Start Here section and read up about the auto EQ. Also do searches for auto eq. It has been discussed and clarified ad nauseum.

DRA
  • Options
    The orginal post os a bit confusing, is that Drive Rack PX for your monitors?

I am extremely happy with my PX but it takes a bit of getting used to and then some fine tuning. The manual leaves a bit to be desired and I gained more by the gift of time and knowledge given here.

When I got the PX it freed up my FOH EQ to use on my monitors. I use the left channel for the floor monitors at the fornt of the stage and the right channel for the drum fill. It works really well and is quick to set up as you can set the Monitor EQ for each feed from the desk feeds independantly. My Whole PA system has powered speakers for the FOH and Monitors.

I dont have a dbx PA drive rack but undertsand that may do what you are wanting.
  • Options
    Cozy, Like you ... he has a PX (not a PA). So you may be of more help than you think.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    Cozy, Like you ... he has a PX (not a PA). So you may be of more help than you think.

DRA

I can't find the "Like" button.
  • Options
    "Cozy"? What the heck was I trying to say. I must have had brain fart. Weird. :oops: :?

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    "Cozy"? What the heck was I trying to say. I must have had brain fart. Weird. :oops: :?

DRA

We are so addicted to Facebook!!!!
  • Options
    Facebook? Not me! I feel about Facebook, the way some feel about Walmart or the government. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Agreed,
    walwarts = love hate
    face farts = finding out what my kids are up to today... :roll:and little else...