Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

Setting up mono sub w/Driverack PX

blue439blue439 Posts: 14
edited March 2013 in DriveRack PX
I'm setting up a new mono sub with our tops which I've previously set up with Driverack. My question is: to add the mono sub do I have to go through the whole setup routine? I couldn't get any sound out of the sub just adjusting the high pass.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    All adjusting the HPF does is affect the output band of the High outputs. It does have to be setup in the wizard to use the Low outputs. I don't have a PX, but I believe that it can't sum the low output.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    What preset are you using? make sure it's one with subs, and no sum for the low outs on the PX.
  • Options
    Randy LRandy L Posts: 10
    A little confused. I have the PX and it does have presets where one sub can be used. If you look at the middle diagram on the bottom of page 36 of the manual, the signal path shows the L&R inputs being "summed" to a Mono Sub Out. The PX also has the Left/Mono Sub Out.
    My understanding is that if you select the single sub option in the setup menu, it will sum the bass signals to a mono out. Am I correct on this?
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    It is quite obvious that you are right. I wonder if there has been an update without a model # change?

DRA

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. Guess Gadget will have to do some updating. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Geez I know I'm old as dirt and CRS is a reality...but I did get one of the first PX and DRPA+ units made...I'll have to dig out mine and see.. but right now it's BURIED under HUGE snow drifts in my trailer... :?
  • Options
    OklaPonyOklaPony Posts: 48
    You can select mono sub configs in the setup: