Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

PA+ with Nexo PS15 #way setting

nic2006plasnic2006plas Posts: 8
edited March 2013 in PA General Discussion
hi all
can anyone help me with the setting and tuning of nexo ps15 and ls1200 3way setting and crossover frequency by using PA+?

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    As I said before Nexo would be the place to get the suggested setups.. I'm a bit concerned here because Nexo is a very processor heavy speaker.. the DRPA+ might not have the horsepower to even implement the setting if you were to get them from Nexo. There really isn't a lot of traffic here get you much exposure either. I am sure if you contact Nexo they will indicate that they have a dedicated processor for these (especially if they are 3 way passive).

If we knew more about these we could perhaps help you roll your own, and maybe Dennis has worked with these.. but other than that this is probably not your best resource unless you can get us some Nexo specific crossover information to implement...
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Posted by Don G on December 23, 1999 at 18:45:59:

In Reply to: Nexo PS 15 processor posted by Mike Russell on December 23, 1999 at 15:02:16:

The PS15 must be used with the processor for EQ and protection. Doesn't sound good at all without it. the processor drives stereo passive and optional sub out. If you run it active, it only does mono.
    The protection also uses sense cables and is very comprehensive.
    Note that these fellas need a lot of juice. We use PL4.0.

Don

: Hi. Maybe I'm misreading this but from, what I can understand you have to have the processor for the PS 15 even for the passive mode. Doesn't make sense to me. Is this correct or have I misunderstood what I've been reading. I'd like to have a pair but want to run them passive and don't want to spend 2k on a processor.
    : Mike Russell

Follow Ups:
  • Options
    Nexo PS15 Controller

The PS15 TDController MkII is an advanced analogue processor that allows the PS15 Loudspeaker and optional PS15Bass and LS1200 Subwoofers to achieve exceptional performance from such compact packages.

The PS15 TD MkII provides crossover, sensed amplifier control and system equalisation optimised for the PS15, PS15Bass and LS1200. The PS15 TD MkII also features user selectable passive or active (bi-amp) operation of the PS15 Loudspeaker. One PS15 TD MkII has two inputs and three outputs, including summed sub out, minimising installation cost and complexity. Like all Nexo processors, the PS15 TD MkII provides precision dynamic, voice coil temperature and diaphragm displacement protection through the use of selective Voltage Controlled Equalisers (VCEQs), reducing levels only at frequencies when and where necessary.

PRODUCT FEATURES

- Audio Inputs: Two L&R Audio inputs. Electronically balanced, 36 kOhm. Two XLR-3F connectors.
    - Sense Inputs: Three Amplifier Sense Inputs, 180 kOhm. 6 Pole Removable Strip Terminal. Passive Mode, PS15 L&R,LS1200). Active Mode, PS15 LF and HF, LS1200.
    - Audio Outputs: Three audio outputs. Electronically balanced, 50 Ohm. Three XLR-3M connectors. Passive Mode, twoPS15 L&R, one Mono (L+R) LS1200. Active Mode, one PS15 LF, one PS15HF, one Mono (L+R) LS1200
    - Indicators: Speaker Protect LED’s. Amp Sense & Peak LED’s. Active Mode LED. Power ON LED.
    - Dimensions: 1U 19� Rack. 210mm (8.5�) Depth
    - Weight : 3.3 kg (7.3 lbs) net

SPECIFICATIONS

- Output Level: +20 dBm Max. +19dBm Max on 1kOhm
    - Noise: -88 dBm (22 Hz - 22 kHz, UnWeighted)
    - THD+N: < 0.03% Typ. 0.05 Max for +18dBm Output
    - Power Supply: 110/220 Volts (internal wiring), 50/60Hz. Earth-Lift (back panel)

SYSTEM OPERATION

- The PS15 TDController MkII is precisely matched to the PS15, PS15BASS & LS1200 cabinets and includes sophisticated protection systems.Use of either product without a properly connected Controller will result in poor sound quality and may damage the components.

- Active two-way operation of the PS15 Loudspeaker in passive mode or three-way operation in active mode with the LS1200 Subwoofer is included in the PS15TD MkII.
  • Options
    SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
    PS15 with PS15 TDcontroller
    LSub 1000 with PS15 TDcontroller
    Frequency Response [a]
    50 Hz - 18 kHz ±3 dB
    30 Hz - 120 Hz ±3 dB
    Usable Range @-6 dB [a]
    47 Hz - 18 kHz
    29 Hz - 130 Hz
    Sensitivity 1W @ 1m
    102 dB SPL Nominal. 99 dB SPL Wideband
    102 dB SPL Nominal
    Nominal Peak SPL @ 1m
    131 to 134 dB Peak (for 550 to 1200 W RMS Amp.)
    133 to 135 dB Peak (800 to 1200 W RMS Amp.)
    HF Dispersion [c]
    50° to 100° Hor. x 55° Vert. Rotatable Horn - 4 positions
    -
    Directivity : Q & DI [c]
    Q : 16 Nominal DI : 12 dB Nominal ( f > 1.5 kHz )
    -
    Crossover Frequencies
    900 Hz Passive or Active (internally switchable)
    80 Hz Active through PS15 TD
    Nominal Impedance
    Passive : 8 Ohms or Active : LF : 6 Ohms & HF : 8 Ohms
    4 Ohms
    Recommended Amplifiers
    550 to 1200 Watts into 8 Ohms for 1 x PS15 per channel
    1000 to 1800 Watts into 4 Ohms for 2 x PS15 per channel
    800 to 1200 Watts into 4 Ohms
    -
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    So what are you implying here Mr. Dra?
    Nexo would be the place to get the suggested setups.. I'm a bit concerned here because Nexo is a very processor heavy speaker.. the DRPA+ might not have the horsepower to even implement the setting if you were to get them from Nexo.

Nice digging though!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::wink:
  • Options
    Very confirming to your point I thought. 8)
    Actually, not much digging at all.

DRA
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Gadget wrote:
    and maybe Dennis has worked with these..

Nope. Sorry, I got nothing