Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

Peavey qw2f Turbosound TXD215

Jynxy90Jynxy90 Posts: 3
edited March 2013 in PA General Discussion
Hi all, just upgraded my 234s to a Driverack PA+ and am very happy with it. Got a few small issues with it though, mainly which the Driverack seems to list every speaker in the peavey range except the QW range?! I've substituted the SP range in its place and it also doesn't list Turbosound (the manufacturer) at all.

Am I just being mega pedantic wanting my exact speakers in the set up wizard or will substituting them with a near enough match work just the same? Thing is every time we run the wizard even without moving the RTA and in a empty venue we are getting very different sound results, it seems to be a bit of a lottery! When we get it right it sounds fantastic just wondering if not having the speakers in the wizard is the problem.

Many thanks, Chris

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The Wizard is a marketing ploy. Don't worry about it. Custom all the way.

Are you doing the Auto EQ as the manual describes? If so, that is the problem. Follow the process laid out in the READ ME FIRST section and in countless posts. Do a search for Auto EQ, RTA, etc.

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Are you running fullrange or bi-amp.. all processor settings are processor dependent meaning every processor treats things differently/sounds different... If your running fullrange then pedantic or not you will need only general settings, it's when we get to Biamp setups that the processing needs to be very specific...
  • Jynxy90Jynxy90 Posts: 3
    Yes I bi-amping the Qw2fs. It lists my amps (PV1500 & PV2600)
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    There in lies the rub....Perhaps you can get suggested settings from Peavey? If we "roll our own" without being there were only going to get close...You could post on the PSW and see if someone there has settings...