Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

PA+ with Jbl Eon 515xt , Qsc PLX 3102 & Cerwin Vega Ab36 sub

iFeteDjDeviFeteDjDev Posts: 4
edited March 2013 in PA General Discussion
What's up guys?

I'm a DJ, and very new to this whole Driverack setup. Just purchased a PA+, and running:

2-JBL Eon 515xt
1-QSC PlX 3102
2- Cerwin Vega Ab36 subs

I was wondering what would be the correct configurations, or any suggestions, as far as:
-Xover
-Comp/Limiter
-Subharmonic Synth
-GEQ/PEQ
-Delay

Thanks.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    For a better understanding about the Driverack I suggest 2 things. Scan through the Forum for posts that have headings that interest you. Be warned that all threads don't have very good titles..."help me", "I have a question", etc. Firstly, mostly Gadget but some of us have spent a lot of time compiling useful information about commonly asked questions... the same things over and over again, that with just a little effort they could find on their own. These are in the READ ME FIRST section and START HERE section. Yes, a lot of it doesn't apply to you, but..... a lot of stuff that you didn't know that you needed to know. Check out the topic titles and you know pretty quick if you need to read it. There is only one topic in the START HERE, but it focuses on set-up and gain structure. Then scan through the READ ME FIRST.

In a nutshell...

40hz BW18 - 100hz LR24
    100hz LR24 - Out

Set the limiter as described in the Gain Structure thread.
    Best NOT to use compression.

Best NOT to use Sub-Synth. Use at your own risk, but you may need the added low-end (fake).

For EQ, use follow the "flattening" techniques described using the RTA wizard.

Get an approximate measurement of the horn length (CW site may have the info for you, but doubt it) and delay the Eons 1ms for each foot (assuming that you are putting the Eons directly above the CVs) If not on top, the same holds true except you have to add or subtract the lateral distance.

DRA