Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Manually selecting channel for Auto EQ

byaceybyacey Posts: 16
edited March 2013 in PA Configuration Wizard
On the DRPA, I have mains mid/top boxes and subs fed from the left channel High and Low output of the DRPA, and monitors off the right channel, Mid out.

In the EQ wizard, I don't want to re-equalize my mains every time I perform an auto EQ on the monitors. Is there a way to manually skip past the left channel EQ and proceed to the right channel for the monitors within the setup wizard?

This would enable me to re-use my previous EQ for the mains, meanwhile allowing EQ of the monitors for various different venue stages.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Switch it out so the mains are on the right channel and the monitors are on the left...then exit the process when it says to EQ the right channel...simply hit the Preset (home) button and your GTG...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info; I'll do just that.
  • Options
    Funny.. at first I thought... no way.. but then the marvel that is my brain said... wait a minute... :mrgreen: I have written MUCH in my life and I sometimes i go back and read and go "WoW... I wrote that? :? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    In this configuration, does the automatic feedback equalizer adjust left and right channels independently, or does it apply the same sliding filters to monitors and FOH?
  • Options
    I do believe the AFS is a joint module, so your probably best to leave all filters roaming and go for as flat a response as possible.. This doesn't mean ruler flat but mostly flat in the 150-2K region with a slight bump in the LF area and a gradual falloff after 2K for listening fatigue.