Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

Subwoofer addition - Need help with hookup and placement

Jmansf3Jmansf3 Posts: 5
edited April 2013 in PA Connectivity
I'm currently adding a subwoofer to our bands setup. I am using the Driverack PA+ with JBL PRX 635's on top and a PRX 618S-XLF sub. I have configured the driverack for a mono sub and stereo tops. I'm using the LO left mono out to the sub and the HI left/right jacks to the tops. I noticed this sub has stereo ins with none labeled for mono applications. I'm concerned I'm only using half power since it has 2x500 watt amps. Do I need to setup the drive rack for a stereo sub and run 2 cables to the sub. I definatly want to use the Driveracks crossover. Any recommendations on hookup and also subwoofer placement since there is only one.

Thanks so much
John

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You can send the sub a mono single from the driverack, or send a stereo single and the sub will combine them. The latter is just a waste of a good cable.

DRA
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Placement -
    Centered in front of the stage will give the most even coverage and the least delay issues with the tops.

DRA
  • Options
    Jmansf3Jmansf3 Posts: 5
    Thanks for the response. That's kind of what I thought but wanted to hear from the experts.

Thanks again
    John