Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

Greetings Everyone.....Newbie Here!!!!

14Kizzle14Kizzle Posts: 9
edited April 2013 in PA General Discussion
First I would just like to say hello to everyone and introduce myself! I'm sure there's a wealth of information here that will be very helpful to me and hopefully I'll be able to help others in the future!

With that being said, I've just ordered a new Driverack PA+ and the RTA mic for my DJ roadcase gear. In fact, I just checked the tracking and it should be delivered today from Guitar Center, (I talked them down and got a good deal with the mic included & free shipping). :D

Off the top of my head I have just a few questions, but will search for the answers within this forum later! Anyway, those questions are: I have a Peavey PV-2000 amp that I'm running my subs with in bridge mode which are Peavey SP-FHBX subs rated at 1600w prog & 3200w peak each. In bridge mode these 8ohms subs are now at 4ohms and the amp seems to have enough power to push them (1000w per sub) but I never have to crank the amp up past 10 o'clock on the dial and the bass is pounding with no clipping in sight! So will the Driverack PA+ handle that set-up in bridge-mode?

Now here's a bigger question! I have a Behringer Euro-4000w amp running my mids & highs! I'm running that amp in stereo mode but have bridged speakers on each side. Let me explain...... I have two Peavey horn cabs rated at 600w each that are strictly highs. Then I have 2 Peavey SP-2's that I'm running as mids which are rated at 1000w RMS & 2000w peak. Each speaker is 8ohms, but running 4ohms per side in stereo! In other words, I have a horn cab on each SP2 cab then bridged them. I get 1400w per channel @4ohms for that set-up which is plenty of power for now! Will the Driverack PA+ handle that set-up? Being that the Driverack has 2 outputs ea. for Highs, Mids, & Lows?

I'm trying to go light in the rack without a 3rd amp! I also plan to sell those heavy 100 pounds amps and get a couple of those new light weight amps that are under 12lbs like the Peavey IPR-3000 & IPR-5000.

So any advice will be welcomed & appreciated! I should be playing with my new toy in a few hours!
Thanks in Advanced!
~14Kizzle~

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Input - Stereo linked
    Custom bi-amp with mono sub
    Custom amps

Input - Left
    Output left Hi
    Output left Mid
    Output left Low

Go to the READ ME FIRST SECTION and follow the Gain Structure Set-up instructions (NOT THE ONES IN THE MANUAL). Balance the outputs only by turning DOWN overly loud components WITH THE AMP LEVELs. NEVER turn up an amp after setting the gain structure.

DRA
  • 14Kizzle14Kizzle Posts: 9
    Thanks Dra!!
    The Driverack and the RTA mic just arrived, but the XLR cables I ordered didn't make it today! :(
    I do have some long 16ft mic cables that would work, but that's overkill! I ordered a multi-colored cable snake with 2ft cables! So I'm debating if I wanna play or not! LOL!
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Play. Play. Play.