Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

Stereo Linked and EQ preset question

organdistortionorgandistortion Posts: 3
edited April 2013 in PA General Discussion
Hello All
I'm setting up my PA+ with 2 Yamaha MSR400 in stereo - linked configuration.
question 1 - Will this sound ok if, at times, I only bring 1 speaker with me (small rehearsal)?

I wanted to save a few user presets using several EQ curves - I was expecting to see
the Flat, A, B and C curves but instead, I see Flat, Speech, Preferred Venue.
what's going on here?

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Question 1: No problem. Just connect a mono source to the Left (or right) input and then connect to the same (side) output as normal.
    Question 2: I don't know, but it sounds like DBX has "renamed" the the curves. They are likely the same as the old "A, B, C, D" curves. The "preferred venue" has me perplexed. Does it show the curve's curves :mrgreen: , or just the names?

DRA
  • It does show graphic curve of each - the "preferred venue" (or was it "performance venue" ? ) looked like C.
    I save this one and one for "Flat"

Now when I saved these 2 presets - I <next page> right through the AFS section - as I was outside with just
    PA+, speaker, RTA. When at gig - I'll bring one preset up - will I need to populate AFS fixed filters each gig? or will it magically just work?
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    AFS can be reused IF you set up the same and IF the room has not been altered and IF the number of audience members is roughly the same. I do not recall if STORE is required to keep the filters, so I STORE any time I power down before leaving a venue.

AFS must be ON, only the LIVE filters will latch (if you have LIVE selected before exiting the AFS section). The LIVE filter will not latch if you have FIXED selected or exited while on the FIXED screen.

DRA
  • b00terb00ter Posts: 33
    On a similar note, can you save all the auto eq for each of the 4 tests under the Main setup profile I created at the start or do I have to create new profiles and do the auto eq for each new profile eg. I create custom 1 speaker setup, setup crossover etc and auto eq using flat. Now if I want to auto eq using another preset do I have to go back and make a new custom 2 speaker setup and run the auto eq or will it allow me to toggle between eq presets for any given speaker setup?
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Select the preset that you set up, do whatever you want to that preset and then save it to a different location with an appropriate name so you can identify it, the original should remain unchanged...same with the other 2...
  • b00terb00ter Posts: 33
    ok great thx