Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion

Aux.fed subs with DRPX

fisher50fisher50 Posts: 4
edited April 2013 in PA General Discussion
Our four piece rock band has just purchased a DRPX to run our PA.We want to use the aux.fed sub technique to improve our sound.Yes I have read the Start Here and FAQ sections concerning aux. fed subs and everything else for that matter.
I'm not sure how we connect the 1/4 inch Aux. Out from the mixer to the DRPX or does that go directly to subs?
Also,how do you get to the crossover feature on the DRPX.

System includes 2 EV ELX115P tops and 2 EV ELX118P subs

Also 4 EV ELX112p monitors(yeah we know the PX does not do monitors)

Mixer is a Soundcraft MFXi12 with two Auxilary outs on each channel strip.

We run everything in mono.

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    It's not easy to do Aux fed subs with the PX.. The processing is tied together and so independent treatment isn't possible... you need a dual mono input to do this, and then your running mono FOH and aux fed subs...

In a system where you DO use a driverack and Aux fed subs you need to convert the 1/4" out to an XLR for input into the driverack. I prefer balanced 1/4' to female XLR, nut T/S 1/4" will work...
  • fisher50fisher50 Posts: 4
    Ok thanks ,I have a balanced 1/4 to xlr cable.We will try this at our gig this weekend using the dual mono input.
  • fisher50fisher50 Posts: 4
    As I watch the 3 ft of snow melt here in Upper Michigan,I'm still wondering how to get to the crossover feature.You mention in the Read me first section to skip the default balance setup and go straight to the crossover.I know there is no crossover button like other models of the drive rack, but there is hi and output filters right?

We are playing this weekend and I just wanted to make sure I have the Autotune setup right.

Use only one stack,set rta mic on floor resting on towel aimed at stack about 25 feet.

Select the flat response curve and run Autotune.Observe the GEQ and adjust gain on any frequency that is boosted or cut too high.Do this again with the mic at a 45 degree angle and average out.Once a flat curve is obtained store as preset.Listen with music and adjust to taste. Is this correct ?
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Press the [setup] button and access the xovers there...