Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Crossover settings

EvolutionEvolution Posts: 14
edited April 2013 in PA General Discussion
Hi All,
I'm just getting ready for a flattening session and doing a bit of homework on the forum. Ã? have been looking at the manufacturer's specs for my speakers, in particular the recommended hi pass and crossover specs.
In posts previously the recommended starting crossover point for a 12" woofer with decent power supply has been written as around 118-120Hz. I have four (two per side) EV ZX3's powered by two Crown Xti 4002's over two powered EV sbA 760 subs, so depending on configuration, there should be ample power for the tops.
The subs have a Powermax 12 internal crossover, stated as being 100Hz.
I gather I only have one choice at crossover point, and that is the internal 100Hz crossover. I gather this is not ideal for the 12"woofers, and is there anything I can do to get around this. Will it make a huge difference to the sound or the performance of the top boxes having this low a crossover point?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Looks like there is no bypass on the EV sub. 100hz is fine. Contact EV to determine the filter type and slope used and match it in the drive rack for the tops.

DRA