Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Set up JBL SRX718, SR 4725, & Powered 12"'s

rgalv001rgalv001 Posts: 1
edited May 2013 in PA General Discussion
Can these be setup with the DBX PA+? I am currently using 2 SRX718's with 2 SR 4725's. I run the Subs mono with an XTI4000 Bridged and the JBL SR4725's with an XTI4000 in stereo. I would like to add a set of EV ZXL 12" powered cabs to my system. What is the proper way of setting up all these speakers using my Driverack. I was thinking of running the JBL's through the Driverack all in mono to the left channel of my Allen Heath board, then run the active cabs in the right channel of the board. Is there a better way?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    If you are set on using both sets of top speakers at the same time and you want the easiest way to control the volume of each... doing the L/R mixer thing would be a good way to do it.

Option 1: If you want the "JBL system" (4725's and subs) to be system unto itself, then adding more top end (only) with the addition of the EV's...
    Set up the Driverack as a custom 2 x 4. (stereo Low)
    Left mixer > left DR in.
    Left DR Hi out > SR4725
    Left DR Lo out > SRX718
    Right mixer > right DR in
    Right DR Hi out > EV's

Option 2: If you want the subs to be increased as either pair is turned up...
    Set up the Driverack as a custom 2 x 3. (mono Low)
    Left mixer > left DR in.
    Left DR Hi out > SR4725
    Left DR Lo out > SRX718
    Right DR Hi out > EV's

Option 3: If you want the "JBL system" (4725's and subs) to be system unto itself, then adding more top end (only) with the addition of the EV's... (this option allows separate GEQ and PEQ to be applied to each set of tops, as well a separate limiting levels and different HPF freq.)
    Set up the Driverack as a custom 2 x 6. (stereo Low)
    Left mixer > left DR in.
    Left DR Hi out > SR4725
    Left DR Mid out > not used
    Left DR Lo out > SRX718
    Right DR Hi out > not used
    Right DR Mid out > EV
    Right DR Lo out > not used

Option 4: If you want the subs to be increased as either pair is turned up...
    Set up the Driverack as a custom 2 x 5. (mono Low) (this option allows separate GEQ and PEQ to be applied to each set of tops, as well a separate limiting levels and different HPF freq.)
    Left mixer > left DR in.
    Left DR Hi out > SR4725
    Left DR Mid out > not used
    Left (mono) DR Lo out > SRX718
    Right DR Hi out > not used
    Right DR Mid out > EV
    Right DR Lo out > not used

DRA

PS - Option #4 would be my choice in most situations.
  • Options
    rgalv001rgalv001 Posts: 1
    Thanks! What would the HPF settings be on the 4725's and EV's. Would there be Xover settings on all 3 sets of speakers? I have not bought the EV's yet, but will soon. Also, when I'm running just the JBL setup (Mono Subs and 4725's in stereo), I'm getting a bad volume imbalance between R-L on the 4725's. I can't figure out why. Any thoughts? Everything is set up equally on every setting.
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    100hz is good, or up to as high as 120hz. If the subs have a hard time keeping up, 100hz would be better. I don't know your set-up purpose, but have you considered doing a split purpose (vocal on one set and everything else on the other)?

Imbalance: What happens if you swap the speaker cables? Cables from Mixer to DR? DR to amps? The only thing that can affect the L vs the R is the GEQ, and then if set up as dual mono.

DRA