Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Kick drum compression

ShermanSherman Posts: 6
edited September 2013 in dbx Archive General Discussion
Can the PA+ be used to compress the kick drum in the subs?(without affecting the rest of the mix) Mix wizard 16-3, SRX 715 tops, PRX 618S 600XLF subs. If not, what are some types of compressor settings should I use?(Country Music genre) Thanks
Sherman

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Compression in on the input side, so the entire mix will be compressed every time the threshhold is reached.
    The limiter's are output specific, but are used primarily for speaker protection as opposed to audio correction / control.

DRA
  • Options
    Save up and pick up a 2 channel compressor. There are so many cool things you can do with them!!
    Try a thresh of -9dB ratio of somewhere between 2:1-4:1 and fast attack and fast release and whatever you need for makeup. Start here
  • Options
    BobGimmBobGimm Posts: 1
    Dra has explained things very nicely. You must have got solution for your problem.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Personally I have moved on to the Presonus mixers and I am so blown away with all the features I no longer have to lust after this piece or that to make it all sound the way I want it... Compressors, Gates, PEq's GEQ's, SMAART integration, all within the mixer! The only outboard pieces are my driveracks and a couple of my favorite efx processors...

I can dial in a Kick and snare that will make your hair stand on end... in seconds...with NO noise, or connection problems, or interconnection problems associated with a bunch of diverse outboard equipment...

It's a killer combo ... the Driverack and the Presonus SL mixers!
  • Options
    But, but...I really like all the rack stuff and those flashing lights. They make me feel more important.

:mrgreen: