Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack PX
Options

PX Setup Assistance Required

MixMonsterMixMonster Posts: 9
edited August 2013 in DriveRack PX
Dra, Gadget or anyone please help with the set up of my system.
Samson DB1500a x 1
Mackie SRM450 x 2
Alto TS115W x 1
DBX Driverack PX

I have read various posts but just don't understand how to set up this monster. I have my mum's 80th party coming up soon and I desperately want to use my sub which I have only used once ever since purchasing it 5 years ago. Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You are wanting set up 3 tops and 1 sub? In stereo? Mono?

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks for responding Dra.

Normally, my setup is 2 tops and 1 sub (stereo). The 3rd top (Alto speaker) runs off one the 2 tops to provide sound at the back of the venue or a different room.
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I don't own the PX, so I can't help with the steps through the Wizard. You should set the x-over filters to be 45hz BW18 - 100hz LR24 for the sub and 100hz LR24 - out for the tops.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    If you want to run stereo you'll have to run the FOH system through the PX and let the Alto run a strait up mix, but turn the LF control on it all the way down... so the low end only comes from the stage subs...
  • Options
    Thanks for the advise guys. I'm hoping to run a test in my garden this weekend if the weather holds.
  • Options
    Tried some setup over the weekend in my garden but I was having difficulty understanding how to use the result of the auto eq to adjust the PEQ. Can anyone explain in easy terms how this should be done or what I should be looking for please?
  • Options
    Thanks for the prompt response Dra. This looks like what I needed. I'll definately give it a good read and try. I'll report back.