Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

RTA-M Mic

MctwinsMctwins Posts: 113
Hallo!

Is there any calibration file for the dbx mic?
Does the dbx have this for my specific mic?

I would like to use this file for my acoustical measurements, I use REW and ARTA programs.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The only thing I have ever seen is a charting of the response that tech support sent me. It was not a precision chart, but did show response with the typical references.

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks, Dra.

So it means that if I want a calibrated file for my specific mic I have to send it in for recalibration.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    That is correct, and part of the reason they are so inexpensive...If I were going to do that I might spring for an Audix or some other slightly better mic...
  • Options
    Gadget wrote:
    That is correct, and part of the reason they are so inexpensive...If I were going to do that I might spring for an Audix or some other slightly better mic...

Thanks,

I been looking at Earthworks M23 mic as well, seems to be the in the same price as Audix.
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Mctwins wrote:
    I been looking at Earthworks M23 mic as well, seems to be the in the same price as Audix.

Audix TM1 - $300 ish.......Earthworks M23 - $459 ish
  • Options
    I am looking at Swedish prices (SEK)

Without VAT it is almost the same and I am looking at the TM1 Plus mic.
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Mctwins wrote:
    I am looking at Swedish prices (SEK)

Without VAT it is almost the same and I am looking at the TM1 Plus mic.

If the price is the same, why not go for the Earthworks? It has more sex appeal. (the forum software edited a word in my post)