Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Do I Need My DRPA+?

bucksargebucksarge Posts: 17
edited October 2013 in PA General Discussion
Hello All,

I presently own 2 x XTI 4002 Crown Amps, 1 x XTI 6002 Crown Amp, 2 x MRX 512 JBL Monitors, 2 x MRX 518S JBL Subs, and 2 x MRX 515 JBL FOH Speakers.

I've had a DRPA+ for a year now and haven't incorporated it into the mix yet.

As the subject reads, do I really need the DRPA+ in the mix due to the DSP functions in the Amps? What could it bring to the "party" that I don't already have?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bucksarge

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Right off the bat... AFS, GEQ adjustments, Auto EQ (if you would ever use it), and x-over gain changes.

DRA
  • Options
    ... at the mix position, I should have added.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    ... at the mix position, I should have added.

DRA

Wow! That was a quick response.......thank you very much.

I'm running a Mackie 1604VLZ3.

Would you please clarify for my feeble brain your statement above :D

Regards,

Bucksarge
  • Options
    If you don't use the DRPA+ and need to make a system change (response of the speakers), you have to go to the amp rack (and probable get down on your knees).

DRA
  • Options
    Dra wrote:
    If you don't use the DRPA+ and need to make a system change (response of the speakers), you have to go to the amp rack (and probable get down on your knees).

DRA

Ahh, I think I understand. You're suggesting the DRPA+ at the mixer instead of in the rack (where it's presently located). Very sensible and yes, I'd have to get down on all fours to adjust.

Thanks again, I appreciate the responses. I'll most likely be back with questions when I set up the DRPA+.

Regards,

Bucksarge