Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

DR 260 delay granularity

xyriumxyrium Posts: 30
Hey Folks,

I am using a DR 260 to manage a pair of studio monitors and pair of subs. All 4 have built in amps. THis said, I'd like to add delay to the mains in order to allow the rear subs to catch up. I was thinking somewhere in the range of 6-10ms, but that does not appear possible on the DR260. Is 20ms the smallest increment available in the post-xover delays? It seems to be the smallest amount available in the GUI, or in config mode o the panel.

Thanks!
Paul

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Try selecting the smallest maximum option that is greater than your need. The smaller the max, the more fine tune abilities you have.

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks. I suppose my problem is that, in Config mode, I can enter the 20ms on each channel, but there's no where to fine tune that any lower.
  • Options
    Click the Config button.
    Right click on the output(s) you want to add delay to.
    Select 20ms (if you need less than 20ms, if more select a higher range like 50ms).
    Click the config button and confirm the change.
    Double left click the "D" on the output to open the delay module for that output, or linked outputs.
    Select the time (ms), feet, or meters units you wish to work with.
    Use the slide bar to set, or click on the actual units' setting (it will turn yellow), then type in the exact setting you want and hit "Enter".

DRA
  • Options
    I don't know why, but that second portion wasn't coming up when I double clicked yesterday. However, doing it today worked. Perhaps my index finger was off yesterday while doing the double clicking. :?

Thanks for the help on this one, though it should have been straightforward to me in the first place. :oops:
  • Options
    Glad to help.